Professionalism and the know‐do gap: exploring intrinsic motivation among health workers in Tanzania
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bonfrer, Igna & Van de Poel, Ellen & Van Doorslaer, Eddy, 2014. "The effects of performance incentives on the utilization and quality of maternal and child care in Burundi," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 96-104.
- Andrew McNee, 2012. "Illuminating the local: can non-formal institutions be complementary to health system development in Papua New Guinea?," Development Policy Centre Discussion Papers 1215, Development Policy Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Scheil-Adlung, Xenia., 2015. "Global evidence on inequities in rural health protection : new data on rural deficits in health coverage for 174 countries," ILO Working Papers 994876213402676, International Labour Organization.
- Martin Chalkley & Andrew Mirelman & Luigi Siciliani & Marc Suhrcke, 2016. "Paying for performance for health care in low- and middle-income countries: an economic perspective," Working Papers 140cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:181:y:2017:i:c:p:54-65 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:nip:nipewp:10/2014 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mangham-Jefferies, Lindsay & Hanson, Kara & Mbacham, Wilfred & Onwujekwe, Obinna & Wiseman, Virginia, 2014. "What determines providers' stated preference for the treatment of uncomplicated malaria?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 98-106.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:207:y:2018:i:c:p:80-88 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lohmann, Julia & Houlfort, Nathalie & De Allegri, Manuela, 2016. "Crowding out or no crowding out? A Self-Determination Theory approach to health worker motivation in performance-based financing," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 1-8.
- Brekke, Kurt R. & Siciliani, Luigi & Straume, Odd Rune, 2012. "Quality competition with profit constraints," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 642-659.
- Brock, J. Michelle & Lange, Andreas & Leonard, Kenneth L., 2015. "Esteem and social information: On determinants of prosocial behavior of clinicians in Tanzania," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 85-94.
- Kurt R. Brekke & Luigi Siciliani & Odd Rune Straume, 2017. "Hospital Mergers with Regulated Prices," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 119(3), pages 597-627, July.
More about this item
Keywordsincentives ; quality ; health care ; professionalism ; Tanzania ;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:19:y:2010:i:12:p:1461-1477. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.