What Did Smith Mean by the Invisible Hand?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cosmides, Leda & Tooby, John, 1994. "Better than Rational: Evolutionary Psychology and the Invisible Hand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 327-332, May.
- Persky, Joseph, 1989. "Adam Smith's Invisible Hands," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 195-201, Fall.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- N. Emrah Aydinonat, 2006. "Is the Invisible Hand un− Smithian? A Comment on Rothschild," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 2(2), pages 1-9.
- Christopher Robertson & K. Gilley & William Crittenden, 2008. "Trade Liberalization, Corruption, and Software Piracy," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 78(4), pages 623-634, April.
- Avner Offer, 2012.
"Self-interest, Sympathy and the Invisible Hand : From Adam Smith to Market Liberalism,"
World Economics Association, vol. 1(2), pages 1-1, December.
- Avner Offer, 2012. "Self-interest, Sympathy and the Invisible Hand: From Adam Smith to Market Liberalism," Oxford University Economic and Social History Series _101, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Avner Offer, 2012. "Self-interest, Sympathy and the Invisible Hand: From Adam Smith to Market Liberalism," Economics Series Working Papers Number 101, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Robert B. Ekelund Jr & Edward O. Price III, 2012. "The Economics of Edwin Chadwick," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14915, December.
- Ricardo Kerguelén Méndez, 2016. "[Ensayo] Liberalismo e instituciones: Douglass North y la economía neoclásica," REVISTA ECONOMÍA & REGIÓN, UNIVERSIDAD TECNOLÓGICA DE BOLÍVAR, vol. 10(1), pages 249-290, June.
- Mark Blaug, 2001. "No History of Ideas, Please, We're Economists," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(1), pages 145-164, Winter.
- Enrico Colombatto, 2014. "Hayek and economic policy (the Austrian road to the third way)," Chapters,in: Elgar Companion to Hayekian Economics, chapter 15, pages 343-363 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Emiel F.M. Wubben, 2011. "Do Rules and Regulations Bind or Boost Economic Growth?," Chapters,in: Institutions and Regulation for Economic Growth?, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Madarász, Aladár, 2014.
"A láthatatlan kéz - szemelvények egy metafora történetéből
[The invisible hand - extracts from the history of a metaphor]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(7), pages 801-844.
- Krawiec Alexandra E., 2016. "Socio-Economic Implications of Female Inclusion in Organizational Structures and in Leadership Positions," International Journal of Management and Economics, Warsaw School of Economics, Collegium of World Economy, vol. 49(1), pages 106-134, March.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:147:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s10551-017-3506-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yann Giraud & Pedro Garcia Duarte, 2014.
"Chasing the B: A Bibliographic Account of Economics’ Relation to its Past, 1991-2011,"
THEMA Working Papers
2014-09, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Pedro Garcia Duarte & Yann Giraud, 2014. "Chasing the B: A Bibliographic Account of Economics’ Relation to its Past, 1991-2011," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2014_06, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- David Bevan & Patricia Werhane, 2015. "The Inexorable Sociality of Commerce: The Individual and Others in Adam Smith," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 127(2), pages 327-335, March.
- Avner Offer, 2012. "Self-interest, Sympathy and the Invisible Hand: From Adam Smith to Market Liberalism," Oxford University Economic and Social History Series _101, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Paul Oslington, 2012. "God and the Market: Adam Smith’s Invisible Hand," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 108(4), pages 429-438, July.
- repec:ucm:ijohet:v:4:y:2017:i:1:p:43-62 is not listed on IDEAS
- Enrico Colombatto, 2004. "Hayek and Economic Policy (The Austrian Road to the Third Way)," ICER Working Papers 18-2004, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:108:y:2000:i:3:p:441-465. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.