Down and Out in the Stock Market: The Law and Economics of the Delisting Process
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lie, Erik & Lie, Heidi J. & McConnell, John J., 2001. "Debt-reducing exchange offers," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 179-207, June.
- Sanger, Gary C. & Peterson, James D., 1990. "An Empirical Analysis of Common Stock Delistings," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(02), pages 261-272, June.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 2004. "New lists: Fundamentals and survival rates," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 229-269, August.
- Tyler Shumway & Vincent A. Warther, 1999. "The Delisting Bias in CRSP's Nasdaq Data and Its Implications for the Size Effect," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(6), pages 2361-2379, December.
- Macey, Jonathan R. & O'Hara, Maureen, 2002. "The Economics of Stock Exchange Listing Fees and Listing Requirements," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 297-319, July.
- Shumway, Tyler, 1997. " The Delisting Bias in CRSP Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 327-340, March.
- Brian J. Bushee & Christian Leuz, 2003. "Economic Consequences of SEC Disclosure Regulation," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-24, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Doidge, Craig & Karolyi, G. Andrew & Stulz, René M., 2017. "The U.S. listing gap," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 123(3), pages 464-487.
- Park, Jong-Ho & Binh, Ki Beom & Eom, Kyong Shik, 2016. "The effect of listing switches from a growth market to a main board: An alternative perspective," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 246-273.
- repec:eee:jfinec:v:125:y:2017:i:2:p:389-415 is not listed on IDEAS
- Craig Doidge & G. Andrew Karolyi & René M. Stulz, 2015. "The U.S. listing gap," NBER Working Papers 21181, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dewenter, Kathryn L. & Kim, Chang-Soo & Novaes, Walter, 2010. "Anatomy of a regulatory race to the top: Changes in delisting rules at Korea's two stock exchanges, 1999-2002," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 456-468, September.
- Bakke, Tor-Erik & Jens, Candace E. & Whited, Toni M., 2012. "The real effects of delisting: Evidence from a regression discontinuity design," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 183-193.
- Cattaneo, Mattia & Meoli, Michele & Vismara, Silvio, 2015. "Financial regulation and IPOs: Evidence from the history of the Italian stock market," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 116-131.
- repec:eee:advacc:v:38:y:2017:i:c:p:46-62 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rhee, S. Ghon & Wu, Feng, 2012. "Anything wrong with breaking a buck? An empirical evaluation of NASDAQ's $1 minimum bid price maintenance criterion," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 258-285.
- Chaplinsky, Susan & Ramchand, Latha, 2012. "What drives delistings of foreign firms from U.S. Exchanges?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 1126-1148.
- Isabel Feito-Ruiz & Clara Cardone-Riportella & Susana Menéndez-Requejo, 2014. "SMEs’ Delisting Decisions on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM): Family Holders and Financial Crisis," Working Papers 14.02, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Financial Economics and Accounting (former Department of Business Administration).
- Steen Thomsen & Frederik Vinten, 2014. "Delistings and the costs of governance: a study of European stock exchanges 1996–2004," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 18(3), pages 793-833, August.
- Andrew Ang & Assaf A. Shtauber & Paul C. Tetlock, 2013.
"Asset Pricing in the Dark: The Cross-Section of OTC Stocks,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 26(12), pages 2985-3028.
- Andrew Ang & Assaf A. Shtauber & Paul C. Tetlock, 2013. "Asset Pricing in the Dark: The Cross Section of OTC Stocks," NBER Working Papers 19309, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Park, Jinwoo & Lee, Posang & Park, Yun W., 2014. "Information effect of involuntary delisting and informed trading," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 251-269.
- Constant Djama & Isabelle Martinez & Stéphanie Serve, 2012.
"What do we know about delistings? A survey of the literature,"
- Constant Djama & Isabelle Martinez & Stéphanie Serve, 2012. "What do we know about delistings? A survey of the literature," THEMA Working Papers 2012-38, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Liu, Shinhua & Stowe, John D. & Hung, Ken, 2012. "Why U.S. firms delist from the Tokyo stock exchange: An empirical analysis," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 62-70.
- Kashefi Pour, Eilnaz & Lasfer, Meziane, 2013. "Why do companies delist voluntarily from the stock market?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 4850-4860.
- Amihud, Yakov & Stoyanov, Stoyan, 2017. "Do staggered boards harm shareholders?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 123(2), pages 432-439.
- Re-Jin Guo & Nan Zhou, 2016. "Innovation capability and post-IPO performance," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 335-357, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlawec:v:51:y:2008:i:4:p:683-713. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.