Boosted regression (boosting): An introductory tutorial and a Stata plugin
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joyce P Jacobsen & Laurence M Levin & Zachary Tausanovitch, 2016.
"Comparing Standard Regression Modeling to Ensemble Modeling: How Data Mining Software Can Improve Economists’ Predictions,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 42(3), pages 387-398, June.
- Joyce P. Jacobsen & Laurence M. Levin & Zachary Tausanovitch, 2014. "Comparing Standard Regression Modeling to Ensemble Modeling: How Data Mining Software Can Improve Economists' Predictions," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2014-003, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- Mosca, Irene & McCrory, Cathal, 2016. "Personality and wealth accumulation among older couples: Do dispositional characteristics pay dividends?," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 1-19.
- Irene Mosca & Alan Barrett, 2016.
"The impact of adult child emigration on the mental health of older parents,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 29(3), pages 687-719, July.
- Mosca, Irene & Barrett, Alan, 2014. "The Impact of Adult Child Emigration on the Mental Health of Older Parents," IZA Discussion Papers 8037, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christoph Emanuel Mueller, 2016. "Accurate forecast of countries’ research output by macro-level indicators," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 109(2), pages 1307-1328, November.
- Chuan Ding & Donggen Wang & Xiaolei Ma & Haiying Li, 2016. "Predicting Short-Term Subway Ridership and Prioritizing Its Influential Factors Using Gradient Boosting Decision Trees," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(11), pages 1-16, October.
More about this item
Keywordsboost; boosted regression; boosting; data mining;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tsj:stataj:v:5:y:2005:i:3:p:330-354. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum) or (Lisa Gilmore). General contact details of provider: http://www.stata-journal.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.