Contrastive explanation and unrealistic models: The case of the new economic geography
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gianmarco Ottaviano, 2003.
"Regional Policy in the Global Economy: Insights from New Economic Geography,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(6-7), pages 665-673.
- Ottaviano, Gianmarco I. P., 2002. "Regional policy in the global economy : insights from new economic geography," HWWA Discussion Papers 211, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Gianmarco I. P. Ottaviano & Diego Puga, 1998.
"Agglomeration in the Global Economy: A Survey of the 'New Economic Geography',"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(6), pages 707-731, August.
- Ottaviano, Gianmarco & Puga, Diego, 1997. "Agglomeration in the Global Economy: A Survey of the 'New Economic Geography'," CEPR Discussion Papers 1699, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gianmarco I P Ottaviano & Jacques-François Thisse, 2005.
"New economic geography: what about the N?,"
Environment and Planning A,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 37(10), pages 1707-1725, October.
- OTTAVIANO, Gianmarco I.P. & THISSE, Jacques-François, 2004. "New economic geography : what about the N ?," CORE Discussion Papers 2004065, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- OTTAVIANO, Gianmarco I.P. & THISSE, Jacques-FranÃ§ois, 2005. "New Economic geography: what about the N?," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1790, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Scotchmer, Suzanne & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1992. "Space and Competition: A Puzzle," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 26(3), pages 269-286, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yankuic Galvan-Miyoshi & Robert Walker & Barney Warf, 2015. "Land Change Regimes and the Evolution of the Maize-Cattle Complex in Neoliberal Mexico," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(3), pages 1-24, August.
- Ricardo F. Crespo, 2012. "Models as signs" as "good economic models," Estudios Economicos, Universidad Nacional del Sur, Departamento de Economia, vol. 29(58), pages 1-12, january-j.
More about this item
Keywordsexplanation; contrastives; models; unrealisticness; new economic geography; economic geography;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jecmet:v:13:y:2006:i:4:p:425-446. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RJEC20 .