Imperfect Competition, Returns To Scale and Productivity Growth In Australian Manufacturing: A Smooth Transition Approach To Trade Liberalisation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Howard Pack, 1994. "Endogenous Growth Theory: Intellectual Appeal and Empirical Shortcomings," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 55-72, Winter.
- Harrison, Ann E., 1994. "Productivity, imperfect competition and trade reform : Theory and evidence," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-2), pages 53-73, February.
- Dani Rodrik, 1992. "The Limits of Trade Policy Reform in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(1), pages 87-105, Winter.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1994.
"Endogenous Innovation in the Theory of Growth,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 23-44, Winter.
- Grossman, Gene M. & Helpman, Elhanan, 1993. "Endogenous Innovation in the Theory of Growth," Foerder Institute for Economic Research Working Papers 275579, Tel-Aviv University > Foerder Institute for Economic Research.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1993. "Endogenous, Innovation in the Theory of Growth," Papers 165, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1993. "Endogenous Innovation in the Theory of Growth," NBER Working Papers 4527, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jun, Sangjoon, 1998. "Procyclical Multifactor Productivity: Tests of the Current Theories," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(1), pages 51-63, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Renuka Mahadevan, 2002. "Trade liberalization and productivity growth in Australian manufacturing industries," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 30(2), pages 170-185, June.
- Dean Parham, 2004. "Sources of Australia's Productivity Revival," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 80(249), pages 239-257, June.
- Alfons Palangkaraya & Jongsay Yong, 2011.
"Trade Liberalisation, Exit, and Output and Employment Adjustments of Australian Manufacturing Establishments,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Alfons Palangkaraya & Jongsay Yong, 2007. "Trade Liberalisation, Exit, and Output and Employment Adjustments of Australian Manufacturing Establishments," DEGIT Conference Papers c012_026, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Alfons Palangkaraya & Jongsay Yong, 2007. "Trade Liberalisation, Exit, and Output and Employment Adjustments of Australian Manufacturing Establishments," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2007n16, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Harry Bloch, 2010. "Technological Change in Australian Manufacturing," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 43(1), pages 28-38, March.
- Jayanthakumaran, Kankesu & Neri, Frank, 2004. "Trade Reforms and Changes in Australian Manufactured Exports," Economics Working Papers wp04-09, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Jayanthakumaran, K., 1999. "Trade Reforms and Manufacturing Performance: Australia 1989-97," Economics Working Papers WP99-13, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Bopage Lionel & Sharma Kishor, 2014. "Trade Liberalization and Productivity Performance: Evidence from the Australian Passenger Motor Vehicle Industry," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 14(3-4), pages 1-19, October.
- Patricia Augier & Michael Gasiorek & Gonzalo Varela, 2007. "Determinants of Productivity in Morocco - The Role of Trade?," CARIS Working Papers 02, Centre for the Analysis of Regional Integration at Sussex, University of Sussex.
- Valadkhani, Abbas, 2005. "Which Industries Create More Employment? A Cross-Country Analysis," Economics Working Papers wp05-07, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Geng, Nan, 2011. "The dynamics of market structure and firm-level adjustment to India's pro-market economic liberalizing reforms, 1988-2006: A Time Varying Panel Smooth Transition Regression (TV-PSTR) approach," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 506-519, October.
- Piñeiro, J. & Khan, H.A. & Melikyan, D.N. & Tamazian, A., 2005. "Financial Market Efficiency, Institutions and Growth: An international Econometric Analysis for 1997-2002," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 5(2).
- Juan Pineiro Chousa & Haider A. Khan & Davit N. Melikyan & Artur Tamazian, 2006. "Democracy, Finance and Development," CARF F-Series CARF-F-088, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Păun Cristian, 2009.
"An empirical estimation of Balassa-Samuelson Effect in case of Eastern European Countries,"
Revista OEconomica, Romanian Society for Economic Science, Revista OEconomica, issue 01, March.
- Paun, Cristian, 2010. "An empirical estimation of Balassa – Samuelson Effect in case of Eastern European Countries," MPRA Paper 31407, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ahmed, Gulzar & Arshad Khan, Muhammad & Afzal, Muhammad, 2015. "Trade Liberalization and Industrial Productivity: Evidence from Pakistan," MPRA Paper 70744, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Mar 2016.
- Bernat Jr., G. Andrew, 1999. "Economic Growth Theory, Clustering, and the Rise of the South," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 29(1), pages 1-12, Summer.
- Azomahou, Théophile T. & Diene, Mbaye, 2012. "Polarization patterns in economic development and innovation," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 421-436.
- Florian Straßberger, 1995. "Technischer Wandel und wirtschaftliches Wachstum: Einige jüngere Entwicklungen, empirische Ergebnisse und wirtschaftliche Konsequenzen," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 64(2), pages 200-220.
- Daniele Schilirò, 2019.
"The Growth Conundrum: Paul Romer’s Endogenous Growth,"
International Business Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 12(10), pages 75-85, October.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2019. "The growth conundrum: Paul Romer’s endogenous growth," MPRA Paper 97956, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rensman, Marieke, 1996. "Economic growth and technological change in the long run : a survey of theoretical and empirical literature," Research Report 96C10, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Rubina Vohra, 1997. "An empirical investigation of forces influencing productivity and the rate of convergence among states," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 25(4), pages 412-419, December.
- Miron, Dumitru & Dima, Alina & Paun, Cristian, 2009. "A model for assessing Romania's real convergence based on distances and clusters methods," MPRA Paper 31410, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schneider, Johannes & Ziesemer, Thomas, 1994. "What's New and What's Old in New Growth Theory: Endogenous Technology, Microfoundation, and Growth Rate Predictions," MPRA Paper 56132, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:dgr:rugsom:96c10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Juan Pineiro Chousa & Haider Ali Khan & Davit N. Melikyan & Artur Tamazian, 2005. "Institutional and Financial Determinants of Development: New Evidence from Advanced and Emerging Markets," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-326, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Bustos, Paula & Castro Vincenzi, Juan Manuel & Monras, Joan & Ponticelli, Jacopo, 2018.
"Structural Transformation, Industrial Specialization, and Endogenous Growth,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
13379, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paula Bustos & Juan Manuel Castro Vincenzi & Joan Monras & Jacopo Ponticelli, 2019. "Structural Transformation, Industrial Specialization, and Endogenous Growth," Working Papers wp2019_1906, CEMFI.
- Steve Dowrick, 1994. "Openness and Growth," RBA Annual Conference Volume (Discontinued), in: Philip Lowe & Jacqueline Dwyer (ed.),International Intergration of the Australian Economy, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Stavins, Robert & Jaffe, Adam & Newell, Richard, 2000.
"Technological Change and the Environment,"
Working Paper Series
rwp00-002, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Jaffe, Adam B. & Newell, Richard G. & Stavins, Robert N., 2001. "Technological Change and the Environment," Discussion Papers 10566, Resources for the Future.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Richard G. Newell & Robert N. Stavins, 2000. "Technological Change and the Environment," NBER Working Papers 7970, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stavins, Robert & Jaffe, Adam & Newell, Richard, 2000. "Technological Change and the Environment," Discussion Papers dp-00-47, Resources For the Future.
- Folster, Stefan & Henrekson, Magnus, 1999.
"Growth and the public sector: a critique of the critics,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 337-358, June.
- Fölster, Stefan & Henrekson, Magnus, 1997. "Growth and the Public Sector: A Critique of the Critics," Working Paper Series 492, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 10 Jun 1998.
- Sara Amoroso & Peter M. Kort & Bertrand Melenberg & Joseph Plasmans & Mark Vancauteren, 2010. "Firm Level Productivity under Imperfect Competition in Output and Labor Markets," CESifo Working Paper Series 3082, CESifo.
- Edward Barbier, 1999. "Endogenous Growth and Natural Resource Scarcity," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 14(1), pages 51-74, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:intecj:v:15:y:2001:i:2:p:99-113. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RIEJ20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.