Income Redistribution Effects in the Presence of Region-Specific Factors
This paper examines the effect of changes in factor endowments on income Distribution in a four-factor, there-commodity model, in which two of the factors are region-specific while the other two are inter-regionally and inter-sectorally mobile. We provide an intermediate run model which bridges the gap between the Heckscher-Ohlin-Samuelson and the specific factor models, and which yields Results which differ from both these models. A simple derivation of factor Friendship patterns is made possible by exploiting the properties of the GNP Function. The procedure used may be applied to any n-commodity, (n+1)-factor Model. [F20]
Volume (Year): 13 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RIEJ20 |
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RIEJ20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Batra, Raveendra N. & Casas, Francisco R., 1976. "A synthesis of the Heckscher-Ohlin and the neoclassical models of international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-38, February.
- Ethier, Wilfred J., 1984. "Higher dimensional issues in trade theory," Handbook of International Economics, in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 3, pages 131-184 Elsevier.
- Ruffin, Roy J., 1981. "Trade and factor movements with three factors and two goods," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 177-182.
- Jones, Ronald W. & Peter Neary, J., 1984. "The positive theory of international trade," Handbook of International Economics, in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 1, pages 1-62 Elsevier.
- Jones, Ronald W., 1985. "A theorem on income distribution in a small open economy," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 171-176, February.
- Jones, Ronald W & Scheinkman, Jose A, 1977. "The Relevance of the Two-Sector Production Model in Trade Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(5), pages 909-35, October.
- Clark, Don P & Thompson, Henry, 1990. "Factor Migration and Income Distribution in Some Developing Countries," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 131-40, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:intecj:v:13:y:1999:i:3:p:37-49. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.