Economic Development, Life-Cycle Consumption and Planning Hirizon
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Baffoe-Bonnie, J. & Khayum, M., 1995. "Economic Development, Life Cycle Consumption, and Planning Horizons," Papers 4-95-1-ces, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hall, Robert E, 1978. "Stochastic Implications of the Life Cycle-Permanent Income Hypothesis: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(6), pages 971-987, December.
- Bewley, Truman, 1977. "The permanent income hypothesis: A theoretical formulation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 252-292, December.
- Davidson, James E. H. & Hendry, David F., 1981. "Interpreting econometric evidence : The behaviour of consumers' expenditure in the UK," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 177-192.
- R. Glenn Hubbard & Kenneth L. Judd, 1986. "Liquidity Constraints, Fiscal Policy, and Consumption," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 17(1), pages 1-60.
- Hall, Robert E, 1988. "Intertemporal Substitution in Consumption," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(2), pages 339-357, April.
- Patrick L. Brockett & Linda L. Golden, 1987. "A Class of Utility Functions Containing all the Common Utility Functions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(8), pages 955-964, August.
- Nicola Rossi, 1988. "Government Spending, the Real Interest Rate, and the Behavior of Liquidity-Constrained Consumers in Developing Countries," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 35(1), pages 104-140, March.
- Charles R. Bean, 1986.
"The Estimation of "Surprise" Models and the "Surprise" Consumption Function,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 53(4), pages 497-516.
- Bean, Charles R, 1985. "The Estimation of 'Surprise' Models and the 'Surprise' Consumption Function," CEPR Discussion Papers 54, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David F. Hendry, 2013.
"Econometric Modelling: The ‘Consumption Function’ In Retrospect,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 60(5), pages 495-522, November.
- Hendry, David F, 1983. "Econometric Modelling: The "Consumption Function" in Retrospect," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 30(3), pages 193-220, November.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- King, Mervyn A, 1986. " Capital Market "Imperfections" and the Consumption Function," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(1), pages 59-80.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Julio J. Rotemberg & Lawrence H. Summers, 1985. "Intertemporal Substitution in Macroeconomics," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(1), pages 225-251.
- Haque, Nadeem U & Montiel, Peter, 1989. "Consumption in Developing Countries: Tests for Liquidity Constraintsand Finite Horizons," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(3), pages 408-415, August.
- Blanchard, Olivier J, 1985. "Debt, Deficits, and Finite Horizons," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(2), pages 223-247, April.
- Haug, Alfred A., 1991. "The random walk hypothesis of consumption and time aggregation," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 691-700.
- Song, Byung-Nak, 1981. "Empirical Research on Consumption Behavior: Evidence from Rich and Poor LDCs," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(3), pages 597-611, April.
- Muellbauer, John, 1983. "Surprises in the Consumption Function," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(369a), pages 34-50, Supplemen.
- Zuehlke, Thomas W. & Payne, James E., 1989. "Tests of the rational expectations-permanent income hypothesis for developing economies," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 423-433.
- Patterson, K D, 1986. "The Stability of Some Annual Consumption Functions," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(1), pages 1-30, March.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Hylleberg, Svend, 1985. "A Note on the Relation between Consumers' Expenditure and Income in the United Kingdom," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 47(2), pages 153-170, May.
- Granger, Clive W J, 1986. "Developments in the Study of Cointegrated Economic Variables," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(3), pages 213-228, August.
- Wickens, M R & Molana, H, 1984. "Stochastic Life Cycle Theory with Varying Interest Rates and Prices," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(376a), pages 133-147, Supplemen.
- Flavin, Marjorie A, 1981. "The Adjustment of Consumption to Changing Expectations about Future Income," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 974-1009, October.
- Hayashi, Fumio, 1982. "The Permanent Income Hypothesis: Estimation and Testing by Instrumental Variables," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(5), pages 895-916, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:intecj:v:11:y:1997:i:4:p:17-37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RIEJ20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.