Hedge fund performance and persistence in bull and bear markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Capocci Daniel & Corhay Albert & Hübner Georges, 2004. "Hedge Fund Performance and Persistence in Bull and Bear Markets," Finance 0402018, EconWPA.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. " On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Grinblatt, Mark & Titman, Sheridan & Wermers, Russ, 1995. "Momentum Investment Strategies, Portfolio Performance, and Herding: A Study of Mutual Fund Behavior," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1088-1105, December.
- Stephen J. Brown, 2001. "Careers and Survival: Competition and Risk in the Hedge Fund and CTA Industry," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(5), pages 1869-1886, October.
- Fung, William & Hsieh, David A., 2000. "Performance Characteristics of Hedge Funds and Commodity Funds: Natural vs. Spurious Biases," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(03), pages 291-307, September.
- Fabozzi, Frank J & Francis, Jack C, 1979. "Mutual Fund Systematic Risk for Bull and Bear Markets: An Empirical Examination," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(5), pages 1243-1250, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jiong Gong & Ping Jiang & Shu Tian, 2016. "Contractual mutual fund governance: the case of China," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 543-567, April.
- Anastasia Petraki & Anna Zalewska, 2013. "With whom and in what is it better to save? Personal pensions in the UK," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 13/304, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Chen, Li-Wen & Chen, Fan, 2009. "Does concurrent management of mutual and hedge funds create conflicts of interest?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1423-1433, August.
- Auer, Benjamin R. & Schuhmacher, Frank, 2013. "Robust evidence on the similarity of Sharpe ratio and drawdown-based hedge fund performance rankings," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 153-165.
- Hentati-Kaffel, Rania & de Peretti, Philippe, 2015. "Detecting performance persistence of hedge funds," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 185-192.
- Darolles, Serge & Vaissié, Mathieu, 2012.
"The alpha and omega of fund of hedge fund added value,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1067-1078.
- Serge Darolles & Mathieu Vaissié, 2012. "The alpha and omega of fund of hedge fund added value," Post-Print halshs-00677718, HAL.
- Eling, Martin & Faust, Roger, 2010. "The performance of hedge funds and mutual funds in emerging markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1993-2009, August.
- Wilkens, Marco & Yao, Juan & Jeyasreedharan, Nagaratnam & Oehler, Patrick, 2013. "Measuring the performance of hedge funds using two-stage peer group benchmarks," Working Papers 2013-18, University of Tasmania, Tasmanian School of Business and Economics, revised 01 Jun 2013.
- Bebel, Arkadiusz, 2014. "Low Versus High Leverage (LVH)," MPRA Paper 62889, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Nov 2014.
- Auer, Benjamin R. & Schuhmacher, Frank, 2013. "Performance hypothesis testing with the Sharpe ratio: The case of hedge funds," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 196-208.
- Rania Hentati Kaffel & Philippe De Peretti, 2014. "Detecting Performance Persistence of Hedge Funds : A Runs-Based Analysis," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00984777, HAL.
- Benoît Dewaele, 2013. "Leverage and Alpha: The Case of Funds of Hedge Funds," Working Papers CEB 13-033, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Rania Hentati Kaffel & Philippe De Peretti, 2014. "Detecting Performance Persistence of Hedge Funds : A Runs-Based Analysis," Working Papers hal-00984777, HAL.
- Benoît Dewaele & Hugues Pirotte & N. Tuchschmid & E. Wallerstein, 2011. "Assessing the Performance of Funds of Hedge Funds," Working Papers CEB 11-041, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Huyen Nguyen-Thi-Thanh, 2007. "Assessing Hedge Fund Performance: Does the Choice of Measures Matter?," Working Papers halshs-00184814, HAL.
- Benoît Dewaele, 2013. "Portfolio Optimization for Hedge Funds through Time-Varying Coefficients," Working Papers CEB 13-032, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- repec:pal:assmgt:v:17:y:2016:i:5:d:10.1057_jam.2016.7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wegener, Christian & von Nitzsch, Rüdiger & Cengiz, Cetin, 2010. "An advanced perspective on the predictability in hedge fund returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2694-2708, November.
- repec:eee:ecofin:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:654-667 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gustavo Passarelli Giroud Joaquim & Marcelo Leite Moura, 2011. "Performance and Persistence of Brazilian Hedge Funds During the Financial Crisis," Brazilian Review of Finance, Brazilian Society of Finance, vol. 9(4), pages 525-548.
- Khaled Guesmi & Saoussen Jebri & Abdelkarim Jabri & Frédéric Teulon, 2014. "Are hedge funds uncorrelated with financial markets? An empirical assessment," Working Papers 2014-103, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Szabolcs Blazsek & Anna Downarowicz, 2013. "Forecasting hedge fund volatility: a Markov regime-switching approach," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 243-275, April.
- Laurent Bodson & Alain Coën & Georges Hübner, 2010. "Dynamic Hedge Fund Style Analysis With Errors-In-Variables," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 33(3), pages 201-221.
More about this item
KeywordsHedge funds; funds of funds; selection bias; abnormal returns; bullish market; bearish market; persistence;
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:eurjfi:v:11:y:2005:i:5:p:361-392. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/REJF20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.