Hayek and the Great Depression of 1929: Did he really change his mind?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Milton Friedman & Anna J. Schwartz, 1963. "A Monetary History of the United States, 1867–1960," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie63-1, April.
- repec:ucp:bkecon:9780226320625 is not listed on IDEAS
- Friedrich von Hayek, 1975. "A Discussion with Friedrich A. von Hayek," Books, American Enterprise Institute, number 920817, September.
- Laidler,David, 1999.
"Fabricating the Keynesian Revolution,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521641739, December.
- Laidler,David, 1999. "Fabricating the Keynesian Revolution," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521645966, December.
- Hayek, F. A., . "Money, Capital, and Fluctuations," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, number 9780226321271 edited by McCloughry, R. K., April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexandru Patruti, 2018. "Why the Keynes-Hayek Macro Debate Cannot be won by either Side," HISTORY OF ECONOMIC THOUGHT AND POLICY, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2018(2), pages 113-125.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hogan, Thomas L. & White, Lawrence H., 2021. "Hayek, Cassel, and the origins of the great depression," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 181(C), pages 241-251.
- David Laidler & William B.P. Robson, 2004. "Two Percent Target: The Context, Theory, and Practice of Canadian Monetary Policy since 1991," C.D. Howe Institute Policy Studies, C.D. Howe Institute, number 20041, January.
- Lawrence H. White, 2008. "Did Hayek and Robbins Deepen the Great Depression?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 40(4), pages 751-768, June.
- Pedro Garcia Duarte, 2012.
"Not Going Away? Microfoundations in the Making of a New Consensus in Macroeconomics,"
Chapters, in: Microfoundations Reconsidered, chapter 6,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Pedro Garcia Duarte, 2011. "Not Going Away? Microfoundations in the Making of a New Consensus in Macroeconomics," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2011_02, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Laidler, David, 2017. "Economic ideas, the monetary order and the uneasy case for policy rules," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 54(PA), pages 12-23.
- Denis O’Brien, 2014. "Hayek in the history of economic thought," Chapters, in: Roger W. Garrison & Norman Barry (ed.), Elgar Companion to Hayekian Economics, chapter 2, pages 11-46, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Robert W. Dimand, 2012. "The Roots of the Present are in the Past: The Relation of Postwar Developments in Macroeconomics to Interwar Business Cycle and Monetary Theory," Chapters, in: Thomas Cate (ed.), Keynes’s General Theory, chapter 5, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jean-Sébastien Lenfant, 2020. "Great Expectations. Hicks on Expectations from Theory of Wages (1932) to Value and Capital (1939)," Working Papers hal-03183464, HAL.
- Sylvie Rivot, 2015. "Rule-based frameworks in historical perspective: Keynes' and Friedman's monetary policies versus contemporary policy-rules," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(4), pages 601-633, August.
- Tavlas, George S., 2021.
"A Reconsideration Of The Doctrinal Foundations Of Monetary Policy Rules: Fisher Versus Chicago,"
Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(1), pages 55-82, March.
- George S. Tavlas, 2019. "A reconsideration of the doctrinal foundations of monetary-policy rules: Fisher versus Chicago," Working Papers 273, Bank of Greece.
- Tavlas, George S. & Assistant, JHET, 2021. "A Reconsideration of the Doctrinal Foundations of Monetary-Policy Rules: Fisher versus Chicago," OSF Preprints ap7w9, Center for Open Science.
- Pedro Garcia Duarte & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2012. "Microfoundations Reconsidered," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14869.
- Agnès Festré, 2002. "Money, Banking and Dynamics: Two Wicksellian routes from Mises to Hayek and Schumpeter," Post-Print halshs-00271372, HAL.
- George S. Tavlas, 2020. "On the controversy over the origins of the Chicago Plan for 100 percent reserves," Working Papers 279, Bank of Greece.
- Mark Carlson & Kris James Mitchener, 2009.
"Branch Banking as a Device for Discipline: Competition and Bank Survivorship during the Great Depression,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 117(2), pages 165-210, April.
- Mark Carlson & Kris James Mitchener, 2007. "Branch Banking as a Device for Discipline: Competition and Bank Survivorship During the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 12938, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- KAMKOUM, Arnaud Cedric, 2023. "The Federal Reserve’s Response to the Global Financial Crisis and its Effects: An Interrupted Time-Series Analysis of the Impact of its Quantitative Easing Programs," Thesis Commons d7pvg, Center for Open Science.
- P. D. Jonson, 1979. "The State of Australian Economics: Stabilization and Industry Policies: A review article stimulated by F. H. Gruen (ed.), Surveys of Australian Economics, Volume 1," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 55(4), pages 297-305, December.
- Sriya Anbil & Mark A. Carlson & Christopher Hanes & David C. Wheelock, 2020.
"A New Daily Federal Funds Rate Series and History of the Federal Funds Market, 1928-1954,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2020-059, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Sriya Anbil & Mark A. Carlson & Christopher Hanes & David C. Wheelock, 2020. "A New Daily Federal Funds Rate Series and History of the Federal Funds Market, 1928-1954," Working Papers 2020-016, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, revised 13 Jul 2020.
- Metiu, Norbert, 2021.
"Anticipation effects of protectionist U.S. trade policies,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(C).
- Metiu, Norbert, 2020. "Anticipation effects of protectionist U.S. trade policies," Discussion Papers 52/2020, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Maria Soledad Martinez Peria, 2002.
"The Impact of Banking Crises on Money Demand and Price Stability,"
IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 49(3), pages 1-1.
- Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad, 2000. "The impact of banking crises on money demand and price stability," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2305, The World Bank.
- George S. Tavlas, 2015.
"In Old Chicago: Simons, Friedman, and the Development of Monetary‐Policy Rules,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 47(1), pages 99-121, February.
- George S. Tavlas, 2014. "In old Chicago: Simons, Friedman and the development of monetary-policy rules," Working Papers 177, Bank of Greece.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:eujhet:v:23:y:2016:i:1:p:31-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/REJH20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Longhurst (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/REJH20 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.