Water pollution abatement by Chinese industry: cost estimates and policy implications
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Huq, Minul & Wheeler, David & Chonghua Zhang, 1996. "Water pollution abatement by Chinese industry : cost estimates and policy implications," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1630, The World Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wayne B. Gray & Ronald J. Shadbegian, 1993.
"Environmental Regulation and Manufacturing Productivity at the Plant Level,"
NBER Working Papers
4321, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wayne B Gray & Ronald J Shadbegian, 1993. "Environmental Regulation And Manufacturing Productivity At The Plant Level," Working Papers 93-6, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Lucas, Robert E. B. & Wheeler, David, 1998. "Small manufacturing plants, pollution, and poverty : new evidence from Brazil and Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2029, The World Bank.
- Theodore Panayotou, 2000. "Environmental Sustainability and Services in Developing Global City Regions," CID Working Papers 55, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Hettige, Hemamala & Wheeler, David, 2000. "What Improves Environmental Compliance? Evidence from Mexican Industry," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 39-66, January.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Huq, Mainul & Wheeler, David, 1997. "Bending the rules : discretionary pollution control in China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1761, The World Bank.
- Wei, Chu & Löschel, Andreas & Liu, Bing, 2013. "An empirical analysis of the CO2 shadow price in Chinese thermal power enterprises," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 22-31.
- Du, Limin & Hanley, Aoife & Wei, Chu, 2015.
"Estimating the Marginal Abatement Cost Curve of CO2 Emissions in China: Provincial Panel Data Analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 217-229.
- Du, Limin & Hanley, Aoife & Wei, Chu, 2015. "Estimating the marginal abatement cost curve of CO2 emissions in China: Provincial panel data analysis," Kiel Working Papers 1985, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Pargal, Sheoli & Mani, Muthukumara & Huq, Mainul, 1997. "Inspections and emissions in India : puzzling survey evidence about industrial pollution," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1810, The World Bank.
- Dasgupta, Susmita, 1999. "Opportunities for improving environmental compliance in Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2245, The World Bank.
- Hua Wang & Wheeler, David, 2000. "Endogenous enforcement and effectiveness of China's pollution levy system," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2336, The World Bank.
- Hettige, Hemamala & Mani, Muthukumara & Wheeler, David, 2000. "Industrial pollution in economic development: the environmental Kuznets curve revisited," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 445-476, August.
- Rita Pandey, 2005. "Estimating Sectoral and Geographical Industrial Pollution Inventories in India: Implications for Using Effluent Charge Versus Regulation," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(1), pages 33-61.
- Yinger Zheng & Haixia Zheng & Xinyue Ye, 2016. "Using Machine Learning in Environmental Tax Reform Assessment for Sustainable Development: A Case Study of Hubei Province, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(11), pages 1-20, November.
- Theodore Panayotou, 2000. "Environmental Sustainability and Services in Developing Global City Regions," CID Working Papers 55A, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Di Falco, Salvatore, 2. "Economic Incentives for Pollution Control in Developing Countries: What Can We Learn from the Empirical Literature?," Politica Agricola Internazionale - International Agricultural Policy, Edizioni Lâ€™Informatore Agrario, issue 2.
- Hua Wang, 2000. "Pollution charges, community pressure, and abatement cost of industrial pollution in China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2337, The World Bank.
- repec:eee:resene:v:50:y:2017:i:c:p:105-123 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Maradan & Anatoli Vassiliev, 2005. "Marginal Costs of Carbon Dioxide Abatement: Empirical Evidence from Cross-Country Analysis," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 141(III), pages 377-410, September.
- repec:spr:grdene:v:18:y:2009:i:4:d:10.1007_s10726-008-9146-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ronaldo Seroa da Motta & Alban Thomas & Arnaud Reynaud & José Gustavo Féres, 2006. "Demanda Por Água E Custo De Controle Da Poluição Hídrica Em Indústrias Da Bacia Do Rio Paraíba Do Sul," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 67, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Lan, Jing & Munro, Alistair & Liu, Zhen, 2017.
"Environmental regulatory stringency and the market for abatement goods and services in China,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 105-123.
- Jing Lan & Alistair Munro, 2014. "Environmental regulatory stringency and the market for abatement goods and services in China," GRIPS Discussion Papers 14-18, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:33:y:2001:i:4:p:547-557. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.