Estimating intertemporal substitution in Japan
In this study, the intertemporal elastisity of substitution (IES) by consumers in Japan is estimated using the two-step estimating method used by Ogaki and Reinhart (Journal of Political Economy, 106, pp. 1079-98, 1998). This method is estimating the IES in consideration of intratemporal substitution between durables and nondurables. Consequently, the acquired estimated values are larger than the US values used by Ogaki and Reinhart.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 11 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAEL20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Singleton, Kenneth J, 1996.
"Efficient Estimation of Linear Asset-Pricing Models with Moving Average Errors,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 14(1), pages 53-68, January.
- Lars Peter Hansen & Kenneth J. Singleton, 1997. "Efficient Estimation of Linear Asset Pricing Models with Moving-Average Errors," NBER Technical Working Papers 0086, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Masao Ogaki & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1998.
"Measuring Intertemporal Substitution: The Role of Durable Goods,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(5), pages 1078-1098, October.
- Ogaki, M & Reinhart, C-M, 1995. "Measuring Intertemporal Substitution : The Role of Durable Goods," RCER Working Papers 404, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Reinhart, Carmen & Ogaki, Masao, 1995. "Measuring intertemporal substitution: The role of durable goods," MPRA Paper 13690, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nakano, Katsura & Saito, Makoto, 1998. "Asset Pricing in Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 151-166, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:11:y:2004:i:4:p:267-269. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.