Macroeconomic impact of natural disasters on a small island economy: evidence from a CGE model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Masahisa Fujita & Paul Krugman & Anthony J. Venables, 2001. "The Spatial Economy: Cities, Regions, and International Trade," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262561476, July.
- Xavier Gabaix, 1999. "Zipf's Law for Cities: An Explanation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(3), pages 739-767.
- E. Roy Weintraub, 1992. "Introduction," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 24(5), pages 3-12, Supplemen.
- Edward L. Glaeser, 1998. "Are Cities Dying?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 139-160, Spring.
- Krugman, Paul, 1996. "Confronting the Mystery of Urban Hierarchy," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 399-418, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Noy, Ilan, 2009. "The macroeconomic consequences of disasters," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 221-231, March.
- Safarzyńska, Karolina & Brouwer, Roy & Hofkes, Marjan, 2013. "Evolutionary modelling of the macro-economic impacts of catastrophic flood events," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 108-118.
- Noy, Ilan & Karim, Azreen, 2013. "Poverty, inequality and natural disasters â€“ A survey," Working Paper Series 2974, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Noy, Ilan & Vu, Tam Bang, 2010.
"The economics of natural disasters in a developing country: The case of Vietnam,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 345-354, August.
- Ilan Noy & Tam Bang Vu, 2009. "The Economics of Natural Disasters in a Developing Country: The Case of Vietnam," Working Papers 200903, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Noriko Ishikawa & Mototsugu Fukushige, 2007.
"Impacts of tourism and fiscal expenditure to remote islands: the case of the Amami islands in Japan,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(9), pages 661-666.
- Noriko Ishikawa & Mototsugu Fukushige, 2005. "Impacts of Tourism and Fiscal Expenditure to Remote Islands: The Case of the Amami Islands in Japan," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 05-24, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Makena Coffman & Ilan Noy, 2009. "In the Eye of the Storm: Coping with Future Natural Disasters in Hawaii," Working Papers 200904, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Guizhi Wang & Xia Li & Xianhua Wu & Jun Yu, 2015. "The rainstorm comprehensive economic loss assessment based on CGE model: using a July heavy rainstorm in Beijing as an example," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 76(2), pages 839-854, March.
- Michael C. Huang & Nobuhiro Hosoe, 2014. "A General Equilibrium Assessment on a Compound Disaster in Northern Taiwan," GRIPS Discussion Papers 14-06, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:10:y:2003:i:11:p:721-723. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .