A review of recent work in the area of inflationary expectations
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 116 (1980)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
Postal:Kiellinie 66, D-24105 Kiel
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814528
Web page: https://www.ifw-kiel.de/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/international+economics/journal/10290/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shiller, Robert J., 1978.
"Rational expectations and the dynamic structure of macroeconomic models : A critical review,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 1-44, January.
- Robert J. Shiller, 1975. "Rational Expectations and the Dynamic Structure of Macroeconomic Models:A Critical Review," NBER Working Papers 0093, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William Poole, 1976. "Rational Expectations in the Macro Model," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 7(2), pages 463-514.
- William Poole, 2001. "Expectations," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 1-10.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1973. "Some International Evidence on Output-Inflation Tradeoffs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(3), pages 326-334, June.
- McGuire, Timothy W., 1976. "On estimating the effects of controls," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 115-156, January.
- Gibson, William E, 1972. "Interest Rates and Inflationary Expectations: New Evidence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 854-865, December.
- Phelps, Edmund S, 1978. "Inflation Planning Reconsidered," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 45(178), pages 109-123, May.
- Laidler, David E W, 1976. "Inflation in Britain: A Monetarist Perspective," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 485-500, September.
- Menil, George & Bhalla, Surjit S, 1975. "Direct Measurement of Popular Price Expectations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(11), pages 169-180, March.
- McCallum, B T, 1975. "Rational Expectations and the Natural Rate Hypothesis: Some Evidence for the United Kingdom," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 43(1), pages 56-67, March.
- Burmeister, Edwin & Turnovsky, Stephen J, 1977. "Price Expectations and Stability in a Short-Run Multi-Asset Macro Model," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(1), pages 213-218, February.
- Mullineaux, Donald J, 1978. "On Testing for Rationality: Another Look at the Livingston Price Expectations Data," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(2), pages 329-336, April.
- Feige, Edgar L & Pearce, Douglas K, 1976. "Economically Rational Expectations: Are Innovations in the Rate of Inflation Independent of Innovations in Measures of Monetary and Fiscal Policy?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(3), pages 499-522, June.
- D. Peel, 1978. "Inflationary expectations and “Self-Generating” inflations," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 114(1), pages 12-23, March.
- Kane, Edward J & Malkiel, Burton G, 1976. "Autoregressive and Nonautoregressive Elements in Cross-Section Forecasts of Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- George L. Perry, 1970. "Changing Labor Markets and Inflation," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 1(3), pages 411-448.
- Pesando, James E, 1975. "A Note on the Rationality of the Livingston Price Expectations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(4), pages 849-858, August.
- Paunio, Jouko J & Suvanto, Antti, 1977. "Changes in Price Expectations: Some Tests Using Data on Indexed and Non-Indexed Bonds," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 44(173), pages 37-45, February.
- Pentti Vartia, 1979. "Indexed deposits and price expectations," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 115(2), pages 242-254, June.
- Wallis, Kenneth F, 1969. "Some Recent Developments in Applied Econometrics: Dynamic Models and Simultaneous Equation Systems," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 771-796, September.
- Franco Modigliani, 1977. "The monetarist controversy; or, should we forsake stabilization policies?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Spr suppl, pages 27-46.
- Modigliani, Franco, 1977. "The Monetarist Controversy or, Should We Forsake Stabilization Policies?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 1-19, March.
- Holden, K & Peel, D A, 1977. "An Empirical Investigation of Inflationary Expectations," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 39(4), pages 291-299, November.
- Danes, Michael, 1975. "The Measurement and Explanation of Inflationary Expectations in Australia," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(24), pages 75-87, June.
- Barro, Robert J., 1976. "Rational expectations and the role of monetary policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-32, January.
- Roger E. Brinner, 1977. "The Death of the Phillips Curve Reconsidered," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 91(3), pages 389-418.
- Lahiri, Kajal, 1977. "A joint study of expectations formation and the shifting Phillips curve," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 347-357, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:weltar:v:116:y:1980:i:1:p:45-86. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.