Reducing the mean squared error of quantile-based estimators by smoothing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cizek, P. & Tamine, J. & Härdle, W., 2008.
"Smoothed L-estimation of regression function,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 52(12), pages 5154-5162, August.
- Tamine, Julien & Čížek, Pavel & Härdle, Wolfgang, 2002. "Smoothed L-estimation of regression function," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2002,88, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Cizek, P. & Tamine, J. & Härdle, W.K., 2006. "Smoothed L-estimation of Regression Function," Discussion Paper 2006-20, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jin Zhang & Xueren Wang, 2009. "Robust normal reference bandwidth for kernel density estimation," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 63(1), pages 13-23.
- Hubert, M. & Vandervieren, E., 2008. "An adjusted boxplot for skewed distributions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(12), pages 5186-5201, August.
- A. Delaigle & I. Gijbels, 2002. "Estimation of integrated squared density derivatives from a contaminated sample," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 64(4), pages 869-886.
- Mia Hubert & Stephan Van der Veeken, 2010. "Robust classification for skewed data," Advances in Data Analysis and Classification, Springer;German Classification Society - Gesellschaft für Klassifikation (GfKl);Japanese Classification Society (JCS);Classification and Data Analysis Group of the Italian Statistical Society (CLADAG);International Federation of Classification Societies (IFCS), vol. 4(4), pages 239-254, December.
More about this item
KeywordsKernel smoothing; Robust bandwidth selection; Quantile based estimators; Medcouple; Adjusted boxplot; 62G35; 62G30; 62F35;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:testjl:v:22:y:2013:i:3:p:448-465. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .