Can we Rate Public Support for Democracy in a Comparable Way? Cross-National Equivalence of Democratic Attitudes in the World Value Survey
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:97:y:2003:i:04:p:567-583_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Charles Rowley & Nathanael Smith, 2009. "Islam’s democracy paradox: Muslims claim to like democracy, so why do they have so little?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 139(3), pages 273-299, June.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:98:y:2004:i:01:p:191-207_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:95:y:2001:i:03:p:529-546_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Davidov, Eldad, 2009. "Measurement Equivalence of Nationalism and Constructive Patriotism in the ISSP: 34 Countries in a Comparative Perspective," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(01), pages 64-82, December.
- Emre Toros, 2010. "The Relationship Between Islam and Democracy in Turkey: Employing Political Culture as an Indicator," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 95(2), pages 253-265, January.
- Steenbergen, Marco R., 2000. "Item Similarity in Scale Analysis," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(03), pages 261-283, March.
- Steenkamp, Jan-Benedict E M & Baumgartner, Hans, 1998. " Assessing Measurement Invariance in Cross-National Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(1), pages 78-90, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hans Pitlik & Ludek Kouba, 2015.
"Does social distrust always lead to a stronger support for government intervention?,"
Springer, vol. 163(3), pages 355-377, June.
- Pitlik, Hans & Kouba, Ludek, 2014. "Does social distrust always lead to a stronger support for government intervention?," Ratio Working Papers 227, The Ratio Institute.
- Hans Pitlik & Ludek Kouba, 2014. "Does social distrust always lead to a stronger support for government intervention?," WWWforEurope Policy Paper series 8, WWWforEurope.
- Filippo Rutto & Silvia Russo & Cristina Mosso, 2014. "Development and Validation of a Democratic System Justification Scale," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 118(2), pages 645-655, September.
- Gal Ariely, 2015. "Democracy-Assessment in Cross-National Surveys: A Critical Examination of How People Evaluate Their Regime," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 121(3), pages 621-635, April.
- Barbara Dluhosch & Daniel Horgos & Klaus W. Zimmermann, 2016.
"EU enlargement and satisfaction with democracy: a peculiar case of immiserizing growth,"
Constitutional Political Economy,
Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 273-298, September.
- Dluhosch, Barbara & Horgos, Daniel & Zimmermann, Klaus W., 2012. "EU Enlargement and Satisfaction with Democracy: A Peculiar Case of Immizerising Growth," Working Paper 119/2012, Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg.
- Barbara Dluhosch & Daniel Horgos & Klaus W. Zimmermann, 2013. "EU Enlargement and Satisfaction with Democracy: A Peculiar Case of Immizerising Growth," FIW Working Paper series 115, FIW.
More about this item
KeywordsAttitudes toward democracy; Measurement invariance; Multiple-group confirmatory factor analysis (MGCFA); World Value Survey (WVS);
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:soinre:v:104:y:2011:i:2:p:271-286. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.