Resources and reserves: thoughts on their evolution
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tilton, John E., 2001. "Labor productivity, costs, and mine survival during a recession," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 107-117, June.
- Otto, James M., 1997. "A national mineral policy as a regulatory tool," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1-2), pages 1-7, June.
- Garcia, Patricio & Knights, Peter F. & Tilton, John E., 2001. "Labor productivity and comparative advantage in mining:: the copper industry in Chile," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 97-105, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Joaquín Jara, J. & Pérez, Patricio & Villalobos, Pablo, 2010. "Good deposits are not enough: Mining labor productivity analysis in the copper industry in Chile and Peru 1992-2009," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 247-256, December.
- Sahoo, Auro Kumar & Sahu, Naresh Chandra & Sahoo, Dukhabandhu, 2018. "Impact of policy reforms on the productivity growth of Indian coal mining: A decomposition analysis," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 460-467.
- John E. Tilton, 2013. "Cyclical and Secular Determinants of Productivity in the Copper, Aluminum, Iron Ore, and Coal Industries," Working Papers 2013-11, Colorado School of Mines, Division of Economics and Business.
- de Solminihac, Hernán & Gonzales, Luis E. & Cerda, Rodrigo, 2018. "Copper mining productivity: Lessons from Chile," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 182-193.
- Fernandez, Viviana, 2021. "Copper mining in Chile and its regional employment linkages," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C).
- Bartos, Paul J., 2007. "Is mining a high-tech industry: Investigations into innovation and productivity advance," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 149-158, December.
- Jeremy Smith, 2004. "Productivity Trends in the Gold Mining Industry in Canada," CSLS Research Reports 2004-08, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Simeon D. Alder, 2016.
"In the Wrong Hands: Complementarities, Resource Allocation, and TFP,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 199-241, January.
- Simeon Alder, 2010. "In the Wrong Hands: Complementarities, Resource Allocation, and TFP," Working Papers 018, University of Notre Dame, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2012.
- Leena Suopajärvi & Thomas Ejdemo & Elena Klyuchnikova & Elena Korchak & Vigdis Nygaard & Gregory A. Poelzer, 2017. "Social impacts of the “glocal” mining business: case studies from Northern Europe," Mineral Economics, Springer;Raw Materials Group (RMG);Luleå University of Technology, vol. 30(1), pages 31-39, April.
- Germeshausen, Robert & Panke, Timo & Wetzel, Heike, 2014.
"Investigating the influence of firm characteristics on the ability to exercise market power: A stochastic frontier analysis approach with an application to the iron ore market,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
14-105, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Germeshausen, Robert & Panke, Timo & Wetzel, Heike, 2014. "Investigating the Influence of Firm Characteristics on the Ability to Exercise Market Power - A Stochastic Frontier Analysis Approach with an Application to the Iron Ore Market," EWI Working Papers 2014-17, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- James Otto & Koh Naito & George (Rock) Pring, 1999. "Environmental regulation of exploration and mining operations in Asian countries," Natural Resources Forum, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 23(4), pages 323-334, November.
- Tobias A. Jopp, 2015. "Did closures do any good? Labour productivity, mine dynamics, and rationalization in interwar Ruhr coal-mining," Working Papers 0085, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Harold L. Cole & Lee E. Ohanian & Alvaro Riascos & James A. Schmitz, 2006.
"Latin America in the rearview mirror,"
Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, vol. 30(Sep).
- Harold L. Cole & Lee E. Ohanian & Alvaro Riascos & James A. Schmitz, Jr., 2004. "Latin America in the Rearview Mirror," NBER Working Papers 11008, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harold L. Cole & Lee E. Ohanian & Alvaro Riascos & James A. Schmitz, 2004. "Latin America in the rearview mirror," Staff Report 351, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Cristian Delgado & Nicolás Garrido, 2012. "Contabilidad del crecimiento en las regiones de Chile 1987-2009," Documentos de Trabajo en Economia y Ciencia Regional 23, Universidad Catolica del Norte, Chile, Department of Economics, revised May 2012.
- Larsen, Rasmus Kløcker & Mamosso, Christiane Alzouma, 2014. "Aid with Blinkers: Environmental Governance of Uranium Mining in Niger," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 62-76.
- Sadia Banchirigah & Gavin Hilson, 2010. "De-agrarianization, re-agrarianization and local economic development: Re-orientating livelihoods in African artisanal mining communities," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 43(2), pages 157-180, June.
- Robert Germeshausen & Timo Panke & Heike Wetzel, 2020. "Firm characteristics and the ability to exercise market power: empirical evidence from the iron ore market," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 58(5), pages 2223-2247, May.
- Balde, Mamadou Tanou, 2020. "A brief history of time: Taxation and mineral production in developing countries," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C).
- Graham A. Davis & John E. Tilton, 2005. "The resource curse," Natural Resources Forum, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(3), pages 233-242, August.
- Bridgman, Benjamin & Gomes, Victor & Teixeira, Arilton, 2011. "Threatening to Increase Productivity: Evidence from Brazil's Oil Industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 1372-1385, August.
More about this item
KeywordsMineral resources; Mineral reserves; Community development agreement; Reporting standards;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:minecn:v:33:y:2020:i:1:d:10.1007_s13563-019-00187-2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.