Communication, credible improvements and the core of an economy with asymmetric information
We analyze an economy with asymmetric information and endogenize the possibilities for information transmission between members of a coalition. We then define a concept of the Core that takes into account these communication possibilities. The internal consistency of the improvements is considered and an Internally Consistent Core, which requires credibility from the improvements is introduced.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 29 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Note:||Received: September 1998/revised version: June 1999|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/economic+theory/journal/182/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dutta, Bhaskar & Vohra, Rajiv, 2005.
"Incomplete information, credibility and the core,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 148-165, September.
- Rajiv Vohra & Bhaskar Dutta, 2003. "Incomplete Information, Credibility and the Core," Working Papers 2003-21, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Bhaskar Dutta & Rajiv Vohra, 2001. "Incomplete Information, Credibility and the Core," Working Papers 2001-02, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Geanakoplos, John D. & Polemarchakis, Heraklis M., 1982.
"We can't disagree forever,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 192-200, October.
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Myerson, Roger B, 1983.
"Efficient and Durable Decision Rules with Incomplete Information,"
Econometric Society, vol. 51(6), pages 1799-819, November.
- Bengt Holmstrom & Roger B. Myerson, 1981. "Efficient and Durable Decision Rules with Incomplete Information," Discussion Papers 495, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Stefan KRASA, 1997. "Efficiency with Incomplete Information," Vienna Economics Papers vie9707, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Sergiu Hart & Yair Tauman, 2004.
"Market Crashes without External Shocks,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(1), pages 1-8, January.
- Rajiv Vohra, 1997.
"Incomplete Information, Incentive Compatibility and the Core,"
97-11, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Vohra, Rajiv, 1999. "Incomplete Information, Incentive Compatibility, and the Core," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 123-147, May.
- Bernheim, B. Douglas & Peleg, Bezalel & Whinston, Michael D., 1987. "Coalition-Proof Nash Equilibria I. Concepts," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 1-12, June.
- Milgrom, Paul & Stokey, Nancy, 1982.
"Information, trade and common knowledge,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 17-27, February.
- Ray, Debraj, 1989. "Credible Coalitions and the Core," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 18(2), pages 185-87.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jogath:v:29:y:2000:i:1:p:63-79. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.