Dismantling Lamarckism: why descriptions of socio-economic evolution as Lamarckian are misleading
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arthur J. Robson, 1995. "The Evolution of Strategic Behaviour," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(1), pages 17-41, February.
- Cohen, Michael D, et al, 1996.
"Routines and Other Recurring Action Patterns of Organizations: Contemporary Research Issues,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 5(3), pages 653-698.
- Michael D. Cohen & Roger Burkhart & Giovanni Dosi & Massimo Egidi & Luigi Marengo & Massimo Warglien & Sidney Winter & with comments by Benjamin Coriat, 1995. "Routines and Other Recurring Action Patterns of Organizations: Contemporary Research Issues," Working Papers 95-11-101, Santa Fe Institute.
- Thorbj, rn Knudsen, 2002. "Economic selection theory," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 443-470.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Harvey, David, 2010. "A Bio-Economy of Governance," 14th ICABR Conference, June 16-18, 2010, Ravello, Italy 188095, International Consortium on Applied Bioeconomy Research (ICABR).
- Massimiliano Vatiero, 2017.
"On The (Political) Origin Of ‘Corporate Governance’ Species,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(2), pages 393-409, April.
- Massimiliano Vatiero, 2016. "On the (Political) Origin of "Corporate Governance" Species," IdEP Economic Papers 1604, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Danny MacKinnon & Andrew Cumbers & Andy Pike & Kean Birch & Robert McMaster, 2009. "Evolution in Economic Geography: Institutions, Political Economy, and Adaptation," Economic Geography, Clark University, vol. 85(2), pages 129-150, April.
- Geoffrey Hodgson & Thorbjørn Knudsen, 2008. "In search of general evolutionary principles: Why Darwinism is too important to be left to the biologists," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 51-69, April.
- Marciano, Alain, 2009.
"Why Hayek is a Darwinian (after all)? Hayek and Darwin on social evolution,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 52-61, July.
- Alain Marciano, 2009. "Why hayek is a Darwinian (after all)? Hayek and Darwin on social evolution," Post-Print hal-00704680, HAL.
- Jack Vromen, 2007. "Generalized Darwinism in Evolutionary Economics: The Devil is in the Details," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2007-11, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Mikael Sandberg, 2007. "The evolution of IT innovations in Swedish organizations: a Darwinian critique of ‘Lamarckian’ institutional economics," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 1-23, February.
- repec:oup:indcch:v:26:y:2017:i:4:p:727-743. is not listed on IDEAS
- George Liagouras, 2013. "Lost in Translation: Why Generalized Darwinism is a Misleading Strategy for Studying Socioeconomic Evolution," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 72(5), pages 1255-1286, November.
- Muñoz, Félix & Encinar, María Isabel & Fernández-de-Pinedo, Nadia, 2014. "Intentionality and technological and institutional change: Implications for economic development," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2014/04, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Muñoz, Félix-Fernando & Encinar, María-Isabel & Cañibano, Carolina, 2011. "On the role of intentionality in evolutionary economic change," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 193-203, September.
- Waśniewski, Krzysztof, 2010. "Emergence of alternative capital markets in developing countries as a process of institutional change," MPRA Paper 26681, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pavel Pelikan, 2012. "Agreeing on generalized Darwinism: a response to Geoffrey Hodgson and Thorbjørn Knudsen," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 1-8, January.
- Hodgson, Geoffrey M. & Knudsen, Thorbjørn, 2010. "Generative replication and the evolution of complexity," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 12-24, July.
- Krzysztof Waśniewski, 2012. "Institutional model of corporate strategies," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 29.
- Krzysztof Waśniewski, 2015. "Discretionary freedom of choice and risk in alternative capital markets," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 573-605, June.
- Christian Schubert, 2009. "Darwinism in Economics and the Evolutionary Theory of Policy-Making," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2009-10, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
More about this item
KeywordsLamarckism; Darwinism; Evolution; Genotype; Phenotype; Memes; Habits; Routines; B52; D20; D83;
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joevec:v:16:y:2006:i:4:p:343-366. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .