Why Are Credit Card Rates Sticky?
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shubhasis Dey, 2005. "Lines of Credit and Consumption Smoothing: The Choice between Credit Cards and Home Equity Lines of Credit," Staff Working Papers 05-18, Bank of Canada.
- Freixas Xavier & Hurkens Sjaak & Morrison Alan D & Vulkan Nir, 2007.
"Interbank Competition with Costly Screening,"
The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-27, May.
- Xavier Freixas & Sjaak Hurkens & Alan D. Morrison & Nir Vulkan, 2004. "Interbank comptetition with costly screening," Economics Working Papers 802, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Xavier Freixas & Sjaak Hurkens & Alan D. Morrison & Nir Vulkan, 2005. "Interbank Competition with Costly Screening," OFRC Working Papers Series 2005fe02, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Akin, Guzin Gulsun & Aysan, Ahmet Faruk & Kara, Gazi Ishak & Yildiran, Levent, 2008.
"Non-price competition in credit card markets through bundling and bank level benefits,"
17768, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- G. Gulsun Akin & Ahmet Faruk Aysan & Gazi Ishak Kara & Levent Yildiran, 2010. "Non-Price Competition in Credit Card Markets Through Bundling and Bank Level Benefits," Working Papers 562, Economic Research Forum, revised 10 Jan 2010.
- Kulasekaran, Sivakumar & Shaffer, Sherrill, 2002. "Cost efficiency among credit card banks," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 54(6), pages 595-614.
- Omar A. Abdelrahman, 2016. "Credit Card Rates and Consumer Switch: New Evidence," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 8(12), pages 95-105, December.
- Park, Sangkyun, 1997. "Effects of price competition in the credit card industry," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 79-85, November.
- Berlin, Mitchell & Mester, Loretta J., 2004. "Credit card rates and consumer search," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1-2), pages 179-198.
- Akin, Guzin Gulsun & Aysan, Ahmet Faruk & Borici, Denada & Yildiran, Levent, 2013. "Regulate one service, tame the entire market: Credit cards in Turkey," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1195-1204.
- G. Gulsun Akin & Ahmet Faruk Aysan & Denada Boriçi & Levent Yildiran, 2011. "The Role of Simultaneous Regulations of Credit Services and Payment Services on Competition," Working Papers 604, Economic Research Forum, revised 08 Jan 2011.
- Shubhasis Dey & Gene Mumy, 2005. "Determinants of Borrowing Limits on Credit Cards," Staff Working Papers 05-7, Bank of Canada.
- Athreya, Kartik, 2006.
"Fresh start or head start? Uniform bankruptcy exemptions and welfare,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 2051-2079, November.
- Kartik B. Athreya, 2004. "Fresh start or head start? Uniform bankruptcy exemptions and welfare," Working Paper 03-03, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Elif Incekara-Hafalir, 2015. "Credit Card Competition and Naive Hyperbolic Consumers," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 153-175, April.
- repec:eee:finlet:v:24:y:2018:i:c:p:145-150 is not listed on IDEAS
- Calem, Paul S. & Gordy, Michael B. & Mester, Loretta J., 2006.
"Switching costs and adverse selection in the market for credit cards: New evidence,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1653-1685, June.
- Paul S. Calem & Michael B. Gordy & Loretta J. Mester, 2005. "Switching costs and adverse selection in the market for credit cards: new evidence," Working Papers 05-16, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Sougata Kerr & Lucia Dunn & Stephen Cosslett, 2004. "Do Banks Use Private Information from Consumer Accounts? Evidence of Relationship Lending in Credit Card Interest Rate Heterogeneity," Working Papers 04-08, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Lown, Cara & Peristiani, Stavros, 1996. "The behavior of consumer loan rates during the 1990 credit slowdown," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(10), pages 1673-1694, December.
- Sherrill Shaffer, 1995. "Rethinking disclosure requirements," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue May, pages 15-29.
- Posey, Lisa L. & Yavas, Abdullah, 2001. "Adjustable and Fixed Rate Mortgages as a Screening Mechanism for Default Risk," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 54-79, January.
- Christine A. Parlour & Uday Rajan, 2001. "Competition in Loan Contracts," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1311-1328, December.
- Ronel Elul, 2005. "Collateral, credit history, and the financial decelerator," Working Papers 05-23, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, revised 01 Mar 2007.
- Ayadi, O. Felix, 1997. "Adverse selection, search costs and sticky credit card rates," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 53-67.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joecth:v:4:y:1994:i:4:p:505-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.