Preemptive entry in differentiated product markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Simon P. Anderson & Maxim Engers, "undated". "Preemptive Entry in Differentiated Product Markets," Virginia Economics Online Papers 334, University of Virginia, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Spence, 1976. "Product Selection, Fixed Costs, and Monopolistic Competition," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(2), pages 217-235.
- Anderson, Simon P & Engers, Maxim, 1994. "Strategic Investment and Timing of Entry," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(4), pages 833-853, November.
- Eaton, B Curtis & Schmitt, Nicolas, 1994. "Flexible Manufacturing and Market Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 875-888, September.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, August.
- Vickrey, William S. & Anderson, Simon P. & Braid, Ralph M., 1999. "Spatial competition, monopolistic competition, and optimum product diversity," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 953-963, October.
- Capozza, Dennis R & Van Order, Robert, 1980. "Unique Equilibria, Pure Profits, and Efficiency in Location Models," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 1046-1053, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anderson, Simon P. & Gabszewicz, Jean J., 2006.
"The Media and Advertising: A Tale of Two-Sided Markets,"
Handbook of the Economics of Art and Culture, in: V.A. Ginsburgh & D. Throsby (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Art and Culture, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 18, pages 567-614,
- ANDERSON, Simon P. & GABSZEWICZ, Jean J., 2005. "The media and advertising : a tale of two-sided markets," CORE Discussion Papers 2005088, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- ANDERSON, Simon P. & GABSZEWICZ, Jean J., 2006. "The media and advertising: a tale of two-sidedmarkets," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1888, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Anderson, Simon P & Gabszewicz, Jean Jaskold, 2005. "The Media and Advertising: A Tale of Two-Sided Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 5223, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Simon P., ANDERSON & Jean J., GABSZEWICZ, 2005. "The media and advertising : a table of two-sided markets," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2005060, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Cabral, Luis M. B., 2003.
"Horizontal mergers with free-entry: why cost efficiencies may be a weak defense and asset sales a poor remedy,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 607-623, May.
- Luis M. B. Cabral, 2001. "Horizontal Mergers With Free-Entry: Why Cost Efficiencies May Be a Weak Defense and Asset Sales a Poor Remedy," Working Papers 01-05, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Amir, Rabah & Lambson, Val E., 2007.
"Imperfect competition, integer constraints and industry dynamics,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 261-274, April.
- AMIR, Rabah & LAMBSON, Val E., 2004. "Imperfect competition, integer constraints and industry dynamics," CORE Discussion Papers 2004042, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bonein, Aurélie & Turolla, Stéphane, 2009.
"Sequential location under one-sided demand uncertainty,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 145-159, September.
- Aurélie Bonein & Stéphane Turolla, 2007. "Sequential Location under one-sided Demand Uncertainty," Working Papers 07-12, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Nov 2007.
- Aurélie Bonein & Turolla Stéphane, 2009. "Sequential location under one-sided demand uncertainty," Post-Print halshs-00413686, HAL.
- Matsumura, Toshihiro & Okamura, Makoto, 2006. "A note on the excess entry theorem in spatial markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 1071-1076, September.
- Gupta, Barnali & Lai, Fu-Chuan & Pal, Debashis & Sarkar, Jyotirmoy & Yu, Chia-Ming, 2004. "Where to locate in a circular city?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 759-782, June.
- Simon Loertscher & Gerd Muehlheusser, 2008. "Dynamic Location Games," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1042, The University of Melbourne.
- Innes, Robert, 2008. "Entry for merger with flexible manufacturing: Implications for competition policy," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 266-287, January.
More about this item
KeywordsProduct differentiation; Rent dissipation; Entry deterrence; Entry timing; Sequential entry.;
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joecth:v:17:y:2001:i:2:p:419-445. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.