Understanding the Stochastic Partial Differential Equation Approach to Smoothing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- D. Simpson & J. B. Illian & F. Lindgren & S. H. Sørbye & H. Rue, 2016. "Going off grid: computationally efficient inference for log-Gaussian Cox processes," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 103(1), pages 49-70.
- Carpenter, Bob & Gelman, Andrew & Hoffman, Matthew D. & Lee, Daniel & Goodrich, Ben & Betancourt, Michael & Brubaker, Marcus & Guo, Jiqiang & Li, Peter & Riddell, Allen, 2017. "Stan: A Probabilistic Programming Language," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 76(i01).
- Simon N. Wood, 2003. "Thin plate regression splines," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 65(1), pages 95-114, February.
- Bates, Douglas & Mächler, Martin & Bolker, Ben & Walker, Steve, 2015. "Fitting Linear Mixed-Effects Models Using lme4," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 67(i01).
- Simon N. Wood, 2011. "Fast stable restricted maximum likelihood and marginal likelihood estimation of semiparametric generalized linear models," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 73(1), pages 3-36, January.
- Zhang, Hao, 2004. "Inconsistent Estimation and Asymptotically Equal Interpolations in Model-Based Geostatistics," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 250-261, January.
- Håvard Rue & Sara Martino & Nicolas Chopin, 2009. "Approximate Bayesian inference for latent Gaussian models by using integrated nested Laplace approximations," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 71(2), pages 319-392, April.
- Finn Lindgren & Håvard Rue, 2008. "On the Second‐Order Random Walk Model for Irregular Locations," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 35(4), pages 691-700, December.
- Simon N. Wood & Zheyuan Li & Gavin Shaddick & Nicole H. Augustin, 2017. "Generalized Additive Models for Gigadata: Modeling the U.K. Black Smoke Network Daily Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 112(519), pages 1199-1210, July.
- Finn Lindgren & Håvard Rue & Johan Lindström, 2011. "An explicit link between Gaussian fields and Gaussian Markov random fields: the stochastic partial differential equation approach," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 73(4), pages 423-498, September.
- Kristensen, Kasper & Nielsen, Anders & Berg, Casper W. & Skaug, Hans & Bell, Bradley M., 2016. "TMB: Automatic Differentiation and Laplace Approximation," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 70(i05).
- Wenceslao González‐Manteiga & Rosa M. Crujeiras & Daniel Simpson & Finn Lindgren & Håvard Rue, 2012. "In order to make spatial statistics computationally feasible, we need to forget about the covariance function," Environmetrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(1), pages 65-74, February.
- Ludwig Fahrmeir & Stefan Lang, 2001. "Bayesian inference for generalized additive mixed models based on Markov random field priors," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 50(2), pages 201-220.
More about this item
KeywordsSmoothing; Stochastic partial differential equations; Generalized additive model; Spatial modelling; Basis-penalty smoothing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jagbes:v:25:y:2020:i:1:d:10.1007_s13253-019-00377-z. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.