Does consumption buy happiness? Evidence from the United States
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruce D. Meyer & James X. Sullivan, 2003. "Measuring the Well-Being of the Poor Using Income and Consumption," NBER Working Papers 9760, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kerwin Kofi Charles & Erik Hurst & Nikolai Roussanov, 2009. "Conspicuous Consumption and Race," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 124(2), pages 425-467.
- Andrew E. Clark & Orsolya Lelkes, 2005. "Deliver us from evil: religion as insurance," PSE Working Papers halshs-00590570, HAL.
- ED Diener & Carol Diener, 1995. "The wealth of nations revisited: Income and quality of life," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 275-286, November.
- Dehejia, Rajeev & DeLeire, Thomas & Luttmer, Erzo F.P., 2007.
"Insuring consumption and happiness through religious organizations,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(1-2), pages 259-279, February.
- Dehejia, Rajeev & DeLeire, Thomas & Luttmer, Erzo F. P., 2005. "Insuring Consumption and Happiness through Religious Organizations," Working Paper Series rwp05-047, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Rajeev Dehejia & Thomas DeLeire & Erzo F.P. Luttmer, 2005. "Insuring Consumption and Happiness Through Religious Organizations," NBER Working Papers 11576, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael Di Tella & Robert MacCulloch, 2006. "Some Uses of Happiness Data in Economics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 25-46, Winter.
- repec:pse:psecon:2005-43 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bof:bofitp:urn:nbn:fi:bof-201508181355 is not listed on IDEAS
- Seeun Jung & Yasuhiro Nakamoto & Masayuki Sato & Katsunori Yamada, 2014. "Misperception of Consumption: Evidence from a Choice Experiment," Working Papers halshs-00965671, HAL.
- Rasheed, Farooq & Rauf, Shahnaz A & Ahmad, Eatzaz, 2011. "Happiness in Solow Growth Model," MPRA Paper 43400, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 Oct 2011.
- Liselot Hudders & Mario Pandelaere, 2012. "The Silver Lining of Materialism: The Impact of Luxury Consumption on Subjective Well-Being," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 411-437, June.
- repec:spr:ariqol:v:12:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11482-016-9483-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Benedetto Gui & Luca Stanca, 2010. "Happiness and relational goods: well-being and interpersonal relations in the economic sphere," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 57(2), pages 105-118, June.
- repec:pal:easeco:v:43:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1057_eej.2015.46 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yuval Palgi, 2013. "Ongoing Cumulative Chronic Stressors as Predictors of Well-Being in the Second Half of Life," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 1127-1144, August.
- Haining Wang & Zhiming Cheng & Russell Smyth, 2015.
"Does Consuming More Make You Happier? Evidence from Chinese Panel Data,"
Monash Economics Working Papers
29-15, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Wang, Haining & Cheng, Zhiming & Smyth, Russell, 2015. "Does consuming more make you happier? Evidence from Chinese panel data," BOFIT Discussion Papers 21/2015, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Seeun Jung & Yasuhiro Nakamoto, & Masayuki Sato & Katsunori Yamada, 2014.
"Misperception of Consumption: Evidence from a Choice Experiment,"
THEMA Working Papers
2014-23, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Seeun Jung & Yasuhiro Nakamoto & Masayuki Sato & Katsunori Yamada, 2014. "Misperception of Consumption: Evidence from a Choice Experiment," PSE Working Papers halshs-00965671, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsHappiness; Leisure; Consumption; D12; I31;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:inrvec:v:57:y:2010:i:2:p:163-176. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .