academic trajectories of immigrant youths: Analysis within and across cohorts
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gilles Grenier, 1984. "The Effects of Language Characteristics on the Wages of Hispanic-American Males," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 19(1), pages 35-52.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert Bozick & Alessandro Malchiodi & Trey Miller, 2016. "Premigration School Quality, Time Spent in the United States, and the Math Achievement of Immigrant High School Students," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 53(5), pages 1477-1498, October.
- Dylan Conger & Colin C. Chellman, 2013. "Undocumented College Students in the United States: In-State Tuition Not Enough to Ensure Four-Year Degree Completion," Education Finance and Policy, MIT Press, vol. 8(3), pages 364-377, July.
- Deborah Cobb-Clark & Trong-Ha Nguyen, 2010.
"Immigration Background and the Intergenerational Correlation in Education,"
Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series
wp2010n09, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Nguyen, Trong-Ha, 2010. "Immigration Background and the Intergenerational Correlation in Education," IZA Discussion Papers 4985, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Yu Aoki & Lualhati Santiago, 2015. "Fertility, Health and Education of UK Immigrants: The Role of English Language Skills," CINCH Working Paper Series 1510, Universitaet Duisburg-Essen, Competent in Competition and Health, revised Aug 2015.
- Richard Akresh & Redstone Akresh, 2011.
"Using Achievement Tests to Measure Language Assimilation and Language Bias among the Children of Immigrants,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 46(3), pages 647-667.
- Akresh, Richard & Redstone Akresh, Ilana, 2008. "Using Achievement Tests to Measure Language Assimilation and Language Bias among Immigrant Children," IZA Discussion Papers 3532, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dang, Trang & Nguyen, Cuong, 2015. "Parents’ inter-ethnic marriage and children’s education and disability: Evidence from Vietnam," MPRA Paper 74144, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stephanie Potochnick, 2014. "The Academic Adaptation of Children of Immigrants in New and Established Settlement States: The Role of Family, Schools, and Neighborhoods," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 33(3), pages 335-364, June.
- Abada, Teresa & Hou, Feng & Ram, Bali, 2008. "Group Differences in Educational Attainment Among the Children of Immigrants," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2008308e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Diaz-Strong, Daysi X. & Ybarra, Marci A., 2016. "Disparities in high school completion among Latinos: The role of the age-at-arrival and immigration status," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 282-289.
- Christian Dustmann, 2008.
"Return Migration, Investment in Children, and Intergenerational Mobility: Comparing Sons of Foreign- and Native-Born Fathers,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 43(2), pages 299-324.
- Dustmann, Christian, 2007. "Return Migration, Investment in Children, and Intergenerational Mobility: Comparing Sons of Foreign and Native Born Fathers," IZA Discussion Papers 3080, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stiefel, Leanna & Schwartz, Amy Ellen & Conger, Dylan, 2010. "Age of entry and the high school performance of immigrant youth," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 303-314, May.
- repec:dem:demres:v:38:y:2018:i:39 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:labeco:v:52:y:2018:i:c:p:1-17 is not listed on IDEAS
- Umut Özek & David N. Figlio, 2016. "Cross-Generational Differences in Educational Outcomes in the Second Great Wave of Immigration," NBER Working Papers 22262, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dylan Conger, 2015. "Foreign-born Peers and Academic Performance," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 52(2), pages 569-592, April.
- repec:eme:rleczz:s0147-9121(2009)0000029013 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aoki, Yu & Santiago, Lualhati, 2015. "Education, Health and Fertility of UK Immigrants: The Role of English Language Skills," IZA Discussion Papers 9498, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:spr:soinre:v:137:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11205-017-1599-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Delia Furtado, 2009.
"Cross-nativity marriages and human capital levels of children,"
Research in Labor Economics,in: Ethnicity and Labor Market Outcomes, volume 29, pages 273-296
Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Furtado, Delia, 2009. "Cross-Nativity Marriages and Human Capital Levels of Children," IZA Discussion Papers 3931, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:demogr:v:40:y:2003:i:4:p:759-783. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.