Only English by the third generation? Loss and preservation of the mother tongue among the grandchildren of contemporary immigrants
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Becker, Gary S & Tomes, Nigel, 1976.
"Child Endowments and the Quantity and Quality of Children,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 143-162, August.
- Gary S. Becker & Nigel Tomes, 1976. "Child Endowments, and the Quantity and Quality of Children," NBER Working Papers 0123, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Currie, Janet & Stabile, Mark, 2006.
"Child mental health and human capital accumulation: The case of ADHD,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1094-1118, November.
- Janet Currie & Mark Stabile, 2004. "Child Mental Health and Human Capital Accumulation: The Case of ADHD," NBER Working Papers 10435, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Kaestner & Hope Corman, 1995. "The Impact of Child Health and Family Inputs on Child Cognitive Develop-ment," NBER Working Papers 5257, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elizabeth Raleigh & Grace Kao, 2010. "Do Immigrant Minority Parents Have More Consistent College Aspirations for Their Children?," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 91(4), pages 1083-1102.
- Brian Duncan & Jeffrey Grogger & Ana Sofia Leon & Stephen J. Trejo, 2017. "New Evidence of Generational Progress for Mexican Americans," NBER Working Papers 24067, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Helena Skyt Nielsen & Beatrice Schindler Rangvid, 2012.
"The impact of parents’ years since migration on children’s academic achievement,"
IZA Journal of Migration,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 1(1), pages 1-23, December.
- Helena Skyt Nielsen & Beatrice Schindler Rangvid, 2011. "The Impact of Parents’ Years since Migration on Children’s Academic Achievement," Economics Working Papers 2011-16, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Nielsen, Helena Skyt & Schindler Rangvid, Beatrice, 2011. "The Impact of Parents' Years since Migration on Children's Academic Achievement," IZA Discussion Papers 6242, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ayse Guveli & Harry Ganzeboom & Helen Baykara-Krumme & Lucinda Platt & Şebnem Eroğlu & Niels Spierings & Sait Bayrakdar & Efe K Sozeri & Bernhard Nauck, 2014. "2000 Families: identifying the research potential of an origins-of migration study," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2014007, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
- Ayse Guveli & Harry Ganzeboom & Helen Baykara-Krumme & Lucinda Platt & Şebnem Eroğlu & Niels Spierings & Sait Bayrakdar & Efe K Sozeri & Bernhard Nauck, "undated". "2000 Families: identifying the research potential of an origins-of migration studies," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1435, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Richard Akresh & Redstone Akresh, 2011.
"Using Achievement Tests to Measure Language Assimilation and Language Bias among the Children of Immigrants,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 46(3), pages 647-667.
- Akresh, Richard & Redstone Akresh, Ilana, 2008. "Using Achievement Tests to Measure Language Assimilation and Language Bias among Immigrant Children," IZA Discussion Papers 3532, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Terriquez, Veronica & Joseph, Tiffany D., 2016. "Ethnoracial inequality and insurance coverage among Latino young adults," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 168(C), pages 150-158.
- Brian Duncan & Jeffrey Grogger & Ana Sofia Leon & Stephen J. Trejo, 2017. "New Evidence of Generational Progress for Mexican Americans," Working Papers 2017-089, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Michael Hand, 2006. "Are encalves amenities? An empricial investigation in the Southwest United States," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 10(9), pages 1-7.
- Sinan Zeyneloglu & Ibrahim Sirkeci & Yaprak Civelek, 2016. "Language shift among Kurds in Turkey: A spatial and demographic analysis," Kurdish Studies, Transnational Press London, UK, vol. 4(1), pages 25-50, May.
- María Jesús Criado Calvo, 2007. "Inmigración y población latina en los Estados Unidos: un perfil sociodemográfico," Documentos de Trabajo del Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales 06-07, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:10:y:2006:i:9:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:zbw:espost:168320 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hiromi Ishizawa, 2009. "Dynamics of Spanish-Language Neighborhoods in Chicago and Atlanta: 1990–2000," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 28(6), pages 721-746, December.
- Güveli, Ayşe & Ganzeboom, Harry & Baykara-Krumme, Helen & Platt, Lucinda & Eroğlu, Şebnem & Spierings, Niels & Bayrakdar, Sait & Nauck, Bernhard & Sozeri, Efe K., 2014. "2000 families: identifying the research potential of an origins-of-migration study," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 60032, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Danzer, Alexander M. & Yaman, Firat, 2016. "Ethnic concentration and language fluency of immigrants: Evidence from the guest-worker placement in Germany," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 131(PA), pages 151-165.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:demogr:v:39:y:2002:i:3:p:467-484. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .