Gender of children and birth timing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary McClelland, 1979. "Determining the impact of sex preferences on fertility: A consideration of parity progression ratio, dominance, and stopping rule measures," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 16(3), pages 377-388, August.
- Douglas Sloane & Che-Fu Lee, 1983. "Sex of Previous Children and Intentions for Further Births in the United States, 1965-1976," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 20(3), pages 353-367, August.
- C. Swicegood & S. Morgan & Ronald Rindfuss, 1984. "Measurement and Replication: Evaluating the Consistency of Eight U. S. Fertility Surveys," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 21(1), pages 19-33, February.
- Kathy Widmer & Gary McClelland & Caral Nickerson, 1981. "Determining the impact of sex preferences on fertility: A demonstration study," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 18(1), pages 27-37, February.
- Fred Arnold, 1985. "Measuring the effect of sex preference on fertility: The case of Korea," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 22(2), pages 280-288, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lefebvre, Pierre, 2006. "Discrimination sexuelle dans les dépenses des ménages : survol de la littérature et évidences empiriques pour le Canada," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 82(1), pages 119-153, mars-juin.
- Laura Giuliano, 2007. "The Demand for Sons or the Demand for Fathers? Understanding the Effects of Child Gender on Divorce Rates," Working Papers 0724, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- Shelly Lundberg & Elaina Rose, 2002.
"The Effects Of Sons And Daughters On Men'S Labor Supply And Wages,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 251-268, May.
- Shelly Lundberg & Elaina Rose, 1999. "The Effect of Sons and Daughters on Men's Labor Supply and Wages," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 0033, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Shelly Lundberg & Elaina Rose, 1999. "The Effect of Sons and Daughters on Men's Labor Supply and Wages," Working Papers 0033, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Amar Hamoudi & Jenna Nobles, 2014. "Do Daughters Really Cause Divorce? Stress, Pregnancy, and Family Composition," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 51(4), pages 1423-1449, August.
- Kelly Bedard & Olivier Deschênes, 2005.
"Sex Preferences, Marital Dissolution, and the Economic Status of Women,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 40(2).
- Bedard, Kelly & Deschenes, Olivier, 2003. "Sex Preferences, Marital Dissolution and the Economic Status of Women," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt07g2372x, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Pham-Kanter, Genevieve, 2010. "The Gender Weight Gap: Sons, Daughters, and Maternal Weight," MPRA Paper 28997, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:demogr:v:26:y:1989:i:3:p:411-423. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.