Computational issues in parameter estimation for stationary hidden Markov models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ana Aguilera & Francisco Ocaña & Mariano Valderrama, 1999. "Forecasting with unequally spaced data by a functional principal component approach," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 8(1), pages 233-253, June.
- Hervé Cardot, 2003. "Testing Hypotheses in the Functional Linear Model," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 30(1), pages 241-255.
- Cardot, Hervé & Sarda, Pacal, 2005. "Estimation in generalized linear models for functional data via penalized likelihood," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 24-41, January.
- Cuevas, Antonio & Febrero, Manuel & Fraiman, Ricardo, 2004. "An anova test for functional data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 111-122, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roland Langrock & Thomas Kneib & Alexander Sohn & Stacy L. DeRuiter, 2015. "Nonparametric inference in hidden Markov models using P-splines," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 71(2), pages 520-528, June.
- Bulla, Jan & Mergner, Sascha & Bulla, Ingo & Sesboüé, André & Chesneau, Christophe, 2010. "Markov-switching Asset Allocation: Do Profitable Strategies Exist?," MPRA Paper 21154, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joanna Janczura & Rafał Weron, 2013. "Goodness-of-fit testing for the marginal distribution of regime-switching models with an application to electricity spot prices," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer;German Statistical Society, vol. 97(3), pages 239-270, July.
- Janczura, Joanna & Weron, Rafal, 2010.
"Goodness-of-fit testing for regime-switching models,"
22871, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Janczura, Joanna & Weron, Rafal, 2011. "Goodness-of-fit testing for the marginal distribution of regime-switching models," MPRA Paper 32532, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:csdana:v:113:y:2017:i:c:p:475-496 is not listed on IDEAS
- Antonello Maruotti, 2015. "Handling non-ignorable dropouts in longitudinal data: a conditional model based on a latent Markov heterogeneity structure," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 24(1), pages 84-109, March.
- Bulla, Jan & Bulla, Ingo & Nenadic, Oleg, 2010. "hsmm -- An R package for analyzing hidden semi-Markov models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 611-619, March.
- Jan Bulla, 2010.
"Hidden Markov models with t components. Increased persistence and other aspects,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 459-475.
- Bulla, Jan, 2009. "Hidden Markov models with t components. Increased persistence and other aspects," MPRA Paper 21830, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:bpj:sndecm:v:21:y:2017:i:2:p:22:n:3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Ting & Bebbington, Mark, 2013. "Identifying anomalous signals in GPS data using HMMs: An increased likelihood of earthquakes?," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 27-44.
- Iain L. MacDonald, 2014. "Numerical Maximisation of Likelihood: A Neglected Alternative to EM?," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 82(2), pages 296-308, August.
More about this item
KeywordsComputational methods; Confidence intervals; EM algorithm; Hybrid algorithm; Initial conditions; Newton-type algorithm; Parameterization; Stationary hidden Markov model;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:compst:v:23:y:2008:i:1:p:1-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .