A bitter cup: climate change profile of global production of Arabica and Robusta coffee
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kuhn, Max, 2008. "Building Predictive Models in R Using the caret Package," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 28(i05).
- Karatzoglou, Alexandros & Meyer, David & Hornik, Kurt, 2006. "Support Vector Machines in R," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 15(i09).
- VanDerWal, Jeremy & Shoo, Luke P. & Graham, Catherine & Williams, Stephen E., 2009. "Selecting pseudo-absence data for presence-only distribution modeling: How far should you stray from what you know?," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 220(4), pages 589-594.
- Jurandir Zullo & Hilton Pinto & Eduardo Assad & Ana Ávila, 2011. "Potential for growing Arabica coffee in the extreme south of Brazil in a warmer world," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 109(3), pages 535-548, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anika Reetsch & Kai Schwärzel & Christina Dornack & Shadrack Stephene & Karl-Heinz Feger, 2020. "Optimising Nutrient Cycles to Improve Food Security in Smallholder Farming Families—A Case Study from Banana-Coffee-Based Farming in the Kagera Region, NW Tanzania," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(21), pages 1-34, November.
- Götz Schroth & Peter Läderach & Armando Isaac Martinez-Valle & Christian Bunn, 2017. "From site-level to regional adaptation planning for tropical commodities: cocoa in West Africa," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 22(6), pages 903-927, August.
- Rahn, Eric & Vaast, Philippe & Läderach, Peter & van Asten, Piet & Jassogne, Laurence & Ghazoul, Jaboury, 2018. "Exploring adaptation strategies of coffee production to climate change using a process-based model," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 371(C), pages 76-89.
- Finlay MacGregor & Vasna Ramasar & Kimberly A. Nicholas, 2017. "Problems with Firm-Led Voluntary Sustainability Schemes: The Case of Direct Trade Coffee," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(4), pages 1-25, April.
- Clay, Daniel C. & Bizoza, Alfred, 2018. "The Challenge To Sustainable Growth In Rwanda’S Coffee Sector," Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Papers 275678, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics, Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security (FSP).
- Stephen J. Fain & Maya Quiñones & Nora L. Álvarez-Berríos & Isabel K. Parés-Ramos & William A. Gould, 2018. "Climate change and coffee: assessing vulnerability by modeling future climate suitability in the Caribbean island of Puerto Rico," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 146(1), pages 175-186, January.
- Quan Vu Le & Grace Jovanovic & Don-Thuan Le & Sanya Cowal, 2020. "Understanding the Perceptions of Sustainable Coffee Production: A Case Study of the K’Ho Ethnic Minority in a Small Village in Lâm Đồng Province of Vietnam," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(3), pages 1-16, January.
- Celia Ruiz-de-Oña & Patricia Rivera-Castañeda & Yair Merlín-Uribe, 2019. "Coffee, Migration and Climatic Changes: Challenging Adaptation Dichotomic Narratives in a Transborder Region," Social Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(12), pages 1-26, November.
- Lee Hannah & Camila I. Donatti & Celia A. Harvey & Eric Alfaro & Daniel Andres Rodriguez & Claudia Bouroncle & Edwin Castellanos & Freddy Diaz & Emily Fung & Hugo G. Hidalgo & Pablo Imbach & Peter Läd, 2017. "Regional modeling of climate change impacts on smallholder agriculture and ecosystems in Central America," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 141(1), pages 29-45, March.
- Sigrun Wagner & Laurence Jassogne & Elizabeth Price & Martin Jones & Richard Preziosi, 2021. "Impact of Climate Change on the Production of Coffea arabica at Mt. Kilimanjaro, Tanzania," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Rachmat Mulia & Duong Dinh Nguyen & Mai Phuong Nguyen & Peter Steward & Van Thanh Pham & Hoang Anh Le & Todd Rosenstock & Elisabeth Simelton, 2020. "Enhancing Vietnam’s Nationally Determined Contribution with Mitigation Targets for Agroforestry: A Technical and Economic Estimate," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(12), pages 1-25, December.
- Kouadio, Louis & Tixier, Philippe & Byrareddy, Vivekananda & Marcussen, Torben & Mushtaq, Shahbaz & Rapidel, Bruno & Stone, Roger, 2021. "Performance of a process-based model for predicting robusta coffee yield at the regional scale in Vietnam," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 443(C).
- Pablo Imbach & Megan Beardsley & Claudia Bouroncle & Claudia Medellin & Peter Läderach & Hugo Hidalgo & Eric Alfaro & Jacob Etten & Robert Allan & Debbie Hemming & Roger Stone & Lee Hannah & Camila I., 2017. "Climate change, ecosystems and smallholder agriculture in Central America: an introduction to the special issue," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 141(1), pages 1-12, March.
- Guido, Zack & Knudson, Chris & Finan, Tim & Madajewicz, Malgosia & Rhiney, Kevon, 2020. "Shocks and cherries: The production of vulnerability among smallholder coffee farmers in Jamaica," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 132(C).
- Luca Di Corato & Tsegaye Ginbo, 2020. "Climate change and coffee farm relocation in Ethiopia: a real-options approach," Working Papers 2020:02, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Venturin, Afonso Zucolotto & Guimarães, Claudinei Martins & Sousa, Elias Fernandes de & Machado Filho, José Altino & Rodrigues, Weverton Pereira & Serrazine, Ícaro de Araujo & Bressan-Smith, Ricardo &, 2020. "Using a crop water stress index based on a sap flow method to estimate water status in conilon coffee plants," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 241(C).
- Margaret Buck Holland & Sierra Zaid Shamer & Pablo Imbach & Juan Carlos Zamora & Claudia Medellin Moreno & Efraín J. Leguía Hidalgo & Camila I. Donatti & M. Ruth Martínez-Rodríguez & Celia A. Harvey, 2017. "Mapping adaptive capacity and smallholder agriculture: applying expert knowledge at the landscape scale," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 141(1), pages 139-153, March.
- Fabian Y. F. Verhage & Niels P. R. Anten & Paulo C. Sentelhas, 2017. "Carbon dioxide fertilization offsets negative impacts of climate change on Arabica coffee yield in Brazil," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 144(4), pages 671-685, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Banks, Jonathan & Rabbani, Arif & Nadkarni, Kabir & Renaud, Evan, 2020. "Estimating parasitic loads related to brine production from a hot sedimentary aquifer geothermal project: A case study from the Clarke Lake gas field, British Columbia," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 539-552.
- Alsamadisi, Adam G. & Tran, Liem T. & Papeş, Monica, 2020. "Employing inferences across scales: Integrating spatial data with different resolutions to enhance Maxent models," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 415(C).
- Tang, Kayu & Parsons, David J. & Jude, Simon, 2019. "Comparison of automatic and guided learning for Bayesian networks to analyse pipe failures in the water distribution system," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Elsevier, vol. 186(C), pages 24-36.
- Bellotti, Anthony & Brigo, Damiano & Gambetti, Paolo & Vrins, Frédéric, 2021.
"Forecasting recovery rates on non-performing loans with machine learning,"
International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 428-444.
- Bellotti, Anthony & Brigo, Damiano & Gambetti, Paolo & Vrins, Frédéric, 2020. "Forecasting recovery rates on non-performing loans with machine learning," LIDAM Reprints LFIN 2020002, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Louvain Finance (LFIN).
- Bellotti, Anthony & Brigo, Damiano & Gambetti, Paolo & Vrins, Frédéric, 2020. "Forecasting recovery rates on non-performing loans with machine learning," LIDAM Discussion Papers LFIN 2020002, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Louvain Finance (LFIN).
- Pradeep Tiwari & Rintu Kutum & Tavpritesh Sethi & Ankita Shrivastava & Bhushan Girase & Shilpi Aggarwal & Rutuja Patil & Dhiraj Agarwal & Pramod Gautam & Anurag Agrawal & Debasis Dash & Saurabh Ghosh , 2017. "Recapitulation of Ayurveda constitution types by machine learning of phenotypic traits," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 12(10), pages 1-17, October.
- Liang, Wanwan & Papeş, Monica & Tran, Liem & Grant, Jerome & Washington-Allen, Robert & Stewart, Scott & Wiggins, Gregory, 2018. "The effect of pseudo-absence selection method on transferability of species distribution models in the context of non-adaptive niche shift," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 388(C), pages 1-9.
- Giovanny Pillajo-Quijia & Blanca Arenas-Ramírez & Camino González-Fernández & Francisco Aparicio-Izquierdo, 2020. "Influential Factors on Injury Severity for Drivers of Light Trucks and Vans with Machine Learning Methods," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(4), pages 1-28, February.
- G. Brooke Anderson & Keith W. Oleson & Bryan Jones & Roger D. Peng, 2018. "Classifying heatwaves: developing health-based models to predict high-mortality versus moderate United States heatwaves," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 146(3), pages 439-453, February.
- Van Belle, Jente & Guns, Tias & Verbeke, Wouter, 2021. "Using shared sell-through data to forecast wholesaler demand in multi-echelon supply chains," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 288(2), pages 466-479.
- World Bank Group, 2014. "Turn Down the Heat : Confronting the New Climate Normal [Bajemos la temperatura : cómo hacer frente a la nueva realidad climática (Vol. 4)]," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 20595, June.
- Orien M W Richmond & Jay P McEntee & Robert J Hijmans & Justin S Brashares, 2010. "Is the Climate Right for Pleistocene Rewilding? Using Species Distribution Models to Extrapolate Climatic Suitability for Mammals across Continents," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 5(9), pages 1-11, September.
- Moro Russ A. & Härdle Wolfgang K. & Schäfer Dorothea, 2017. "Company rating with support vector machines," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 34(1-2), pages 55-67, June.
- Raquel Ghini & André Torre-Neto & Anamaria Dentzien & Oliveiro Guerreiro-Filho & Regiane Iost & Flávia Patrício & Jeanne Prado & Roberto Thomaziello & Wagner Bettiol & Fábio DaMatta, 2015. "Coffee growth, pest and yield responses to free-air CO 2 enrichment," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 132(2), pages 307-320, September.
- Miguel Godinho de Matos & Pedro Ferreira & Michael D. Smith, 2018. "The Effect of Subscription Video-on-Demand on Piracy: Evidence from a Household-Level Randomized Experiment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 64(12), pages 5610-5630, December.
- Zeng, Yiwen & Low, Bi Wei & Yeo, Darren C.J., 2016. "Novel methods to select environmental variables in MaxEnt: A case study using invasive crayfish," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 341(C), pages 5-13.
- Eric Peter Vanderduys & April E Reside & Anthony Grice & Juliana Rechetelo, 2016. "Addressing Potential Cumulative Impacts of Development on Threatened Species: The Case of the Endangered Black-Throated Finch," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(3), pages 1-19, March.
- Yagli, Gokhan Mert & Yang, Dazhi & Srinivasan, Dipti, 2019. "Automatic hourly solar forecasting using machine learning models," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 487-498.
- Yagli, Gokhan Mert & Yang, Dazhi & Gandhi, Oktoviano & Srinivasan, Dipti, 2020. "Can we justify producing univariate machine-learning forecasts with satellite-derived solar irradiance?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 259(C).
- Coro, Gianpaolo & Pagano, Pasquale & Ellenbroek, Anton, 2013. "Combining simulated expert knowledge with Neural Networks to produce Ecological Niche Models for Latimeria chalumnae," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 268(C), pages 55-63.
- Hye-Ryeong Nam & Seo-Hoon Kim & Seol-Yee Han & Sung-Jin Lee & Won-Hwa Hong & Jong-Hun Kim, 2020. "Statistical Methodology for the Definition of Standard Model for Energy Analysis of Residential Buildings in Korea," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(21), pages 1-16, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:climat:v:129:y:2015:i:1:p:89-101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.