Narrating agricultural resilience after Hurricane María: how smallholder farmers in Puerto Rico leverage self-sufficiency and collaborative agency in a climate-vulnerable food system
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andreas W. Ebert, 2014. "Potential of Underutilized Traditional Vegetables and Legume Crops to Contribute to Food and Nutritional Security, Income and More Sustainable Production Systems," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 6(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Daniel Kangogo & Domenico Dentoni & Jos Bijman, 2020. "Determinants of Farm Resilience to Climate Change: The Role of Farmer Entrepreneurship and Value Chain Collaborations," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(3), pages 1-15, January.
- Lin, Tracy Kuo & Teymourian, Yasmin & Tursini, Maitri Shila, 2018. "The effect of sugar and processed food imports on the prevalence of overweight and obesity in 172 countries," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 101053, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Antonella Samoggia & Chiara Perazzolo & Piroska Kocsis & Margherita Del Prete, 2019. "Community Supported Agriculture Farmers’ Perceptions of Management Benefits and Drawbacks," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(12), pages 1-21, June.
- Tania López-Marrero & Brent Yarnal, 2010. "Putting adaptive capacity into the context of people’s lives: a case study of two flood-prone communities in Puerto Rico," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 52(2), pages 277-297, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Chris Vogliano & Jessica E. Raneri & Jane Coad & Shane Tutua & Carol Wham & Carl Lachat & Barbara Burlingame, 2021. "Dietary agrobiodiversity for improved nutrition and health outcomes within a transitioning indigenous Solomon Island food system," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 13(4), pages 819-847, August.
- Nguyen Thi Nha Trang & Thanh-Thuy Nguyen & Hong V. Pham & Thi Thu Anh Cao & Thu Huong Trinh Thi & Javad Shahreki, 2022. "Impacts of Collaborative Partnership on the Performance of Cold Supply Chains of Agriculture and Foods: Literature Review," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(11), pages 1-28, May.
- Ashraf Abd El Karim & Mohsen M. Awawdeh, 2020. "Integrating GIS Accessibility and Location-Allocation Models with Multicriteria Decision Analysis for Evaluating Quality of Life in Buraidah City, KSA," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(4), pages 1-28, February.
- Matteo Anaclerio & Massimiliano Renna & Donato Di Venere & Lucrezia Sergio & Pietro Santamaria, 2021. "Smooth Golden Fleece and Prickly Golden Fleece as Potential New Vegetables for the Ready-to-Eat Production Chain," Agriculture, MDPI, vol. 11(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Ibidun Adelekan & Adeniyi Asiyanbi, 2016. "Flood risk perception in flood-affected communities in Lagos, Nigeria," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 80(1), pages 445-469, January.
- Xaimarie Hernández-Cruz & Saylisse Dávila, 2020. "Quantifying adaptive capacity to floods: an assessment of Rincón, PR," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 103(1), pages 1537-1564, August.
- Kerstin Schreiber & Bernard Soubry & Carley Dove-McFalls & Graham K. MacDonald, 2023. "Untangling the role of social relationships for overcoming challenges in local food systems: a case study of farmers in Québec, Canada," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 40(1), pages 141-156, March.
- Mai Chiem Tuyen & Prapinwadee Sirisupluxana & Isriya Bunyasiri & Pham Xuan Hung, 2022. "Stakeholders’ Preferences towards Contract Attributes: Evidence from Rice Production in Vietnam," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(6), pages 1-21, March.
- Gaironeesa Hendricks & Natalie Savona & Anaely Aguiar & Olufunke Alaba & Sharmilah Booley & Sonia Malczyk & Emmanuel Nwosu & Cecile Knai & Harry Rutter & Knut-Inge Klepp & Janetta Harbron, 2022. "Adolescents’ Perspectives on the Drivers of Obesity Using a Group Model Building Approach: A South African Perspective," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 19(4), pages 1-15, February.
- Derick A. Akompab & Peng Bi & Susan Williams & Janet Grant & Iain A. Walker & Martha Augoustinos, 2013. "Heat Waves and Climate Change: Applying the Health Belief Model to Identify Predictors of Risk Perception and Adaptive Behaviours in Adelaide, Australia," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 10(6), pages 1-21, May.
- Dizyee, Kanar & Baker, Derek & Herrero, Mario & Burrow, Heather & McMillan, Larelle & Sila, Daniel Ndaka & Rich, Karl M., 2020. "The promotion of amaranth value chains for livelihood enhancement in East Africa: A systems modelling approach," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 15(2), June.
- Florence A. Becot & Shoshanah M. Inwood, 2022. "Medical economic vulnerability: a next step in expanding the farm resilience scholarship," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 39(3), pages 1097-1116, September.
- Zheng Cai & Shengsheng Li & Di Cheng, 2023. "Has Digital Village Construction Improved Rural Family Resilience in China? Evidence Based on China Household Finance Survey," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 15(11), pages 1-20, May.
- Lauterbach, Josephine & Risius, Antje & Bantle, Christina, 2020. "Communicating the Benefits of Agrobiodiversity Enhancing Products - Insights from a Discrete Choice Experiment," 60th Annual Conference, Halle/ Saale, Germany, September 23-25, 2020 305625, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Chatalova, Lioudmila & Müller, Daniel & Valentinov, Vladislav & Balmann, Alfons, 2016.
"The rise of the food risk society and the changing nature of the technological treadmill,"
EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, vol. 8(6), pages 1-10.
- Lioudmila Chatalova & Daniel Müller & Vladislav Valentinov & Alfons Balmann, 2016. "The Rise of the Food Risk Society and the Changing Nature of the Technological Treadmill," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 8(6), pages 1-10, June.
- Wim Kellens & Teun Terpstra & Philippe De Maeyer, 2013. "Perception and Communication of Flood Risks: A Systematic Review of Empirical Research," Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 33(1), pages 24-49, January.
- Victoria Adeyemi Tanimonure & Diego Naziri & Samuel Nii Ardey Codjoe & Adeolu Babatunde Ayanwale, 2021. "Underutilised Indigenous Vegetables for Household Dietary Diversity in Southwest Nigeria," Agriculture, MDPI, vol. 11(11), pages 1-13, October.
- Tafadzwanashe Mabhaudhi & Tendai Polite Chibarabada & Vimbayi Grace Petrova Chimonyo & Vongai Gillian Murugani & Laura Maureen Pereira & Nafiisa Sobratee & Laurencia Govender & Rob Slotow & Albert The, 2018. "Mainstreaming Underutilized Indigenous and Traditional Crops into Food Systems: A South African Perspective," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(1), pages 1-22, December.
- Acga Cheng & Murthazar Naim Raai & Nurul Amalina Mohd Zain & Festo Massawe & Ajit Singh & Wan Abd Al Qadr Imad Wan-Mohtar, 2019. "In search of alternative proteins: unlocking the potential of underutilized tropical legumes," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 11(6), pages 1205-1215, December.
- Verónica Iñiguez-Gallardo & Julia Loján Córdova & Andrea Ordoñez-León & Fabián Reyes-Bueno, 2022. "Food Markets and Free Fairs as Contributors for Designing Climate Resilient Cities: A Study Case in Southern Ecuador," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(12), pages 1-15, June.
More about this item
KeywordsSmallholder farmers; Climate change; Natural disasters; Resilience; Food security; Socioecological knowledge;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:agrhuv:v:39:y:2022:i:2:d:10.1007_s10460-021-10267-1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.