Lost in translation: incomer organic farmers, local knowledge, and the revitalization of upland Japanese hamlets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- R A Jussaume Jr, 1998. "Globalization, Agriculture, and Rural Social Change in Japan," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 30(3), pages 401-413, March.
- Mohammad Khaledi & Simon Weseen & Erin Sawyer & Shon Ferguson & Richard Gray, 2010. "Factors Influencing Partial and Complete Adoption of Organic Farming Practices in Saskatchewan, Canada," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 58(1), pages 37-56, March.
- Jenkins, T. N., 2000. "Putting postmodernity into practice: endogenous development and the role of traditional cultures in the rural development of marginal regions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 301-313, September.
- R A Jussaume, 1998. "Globalization, agriculture, and rural social change in Japan," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 30(3), pages 401-413, March.
- Julie Ingram, 2008. "Agronomist–farmer knowledge encounters: an analysis of knowledge exchange in the context of best management practices in England," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 25(3), pages 405-418, September.
- Julia Nerbonne & Ralph Lentz, 2003. "Rooted in grass: Challenging patterns of knowledge exchange as a means of fostering social change in a southeast Minnesota farm community," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 20(1), pages 65-78, March.
- Andrew Raedeke & J. Rikoon, 1997. "Temporal and spatial dimensions of knowledge: Implications for sustainable agriculture," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 14(2), pages 145-158, June.
- Jeffery Bentley, 2006. "Folk experiments," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 23(4), pages 451-462, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pingyang Liu & Juan M. Moreno & Peiying Song & Elona Hoover & Marie K. Harder, 2016. "The Use of Oral Histories to Identify Criteria for Future Scenarios of Sustainable Farming in the South Yangtze River, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(9), pages 1-24, August.
- Pingyang Liu & Neil Ravenscroft & Marie K. Harder & Xingyi Dai, 2016. "The knowledge cultures of changing farming practices in a water town of the Southern Yangtze Valley, China," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 33(2), pages 291-304, June.
More about this item
KeywordsJapan; Knowledge dynamics; Local knowledge; Rural revitalization; Rural resettlement; Organic farming;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:agrhuv:v:29:y:2012:i:3:p:393-412. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .