Banking customer satisfaction evaluation: a three-way factor perspective
As management of a national bank wanted to analyze its retail service competition loss probably due to low customer satisfaction, we carried out an empirical study based on a sample of 27,000 retail customers. The survey aimed to analyze retail service weaknesses and to individuate possible recovery actions measuring their effectiveness across different waves (three time lags). We studied a definition of a new dissimilarity measure exploiting a dimension reduction obtained by a three-way factor analysis (TFA). We had previously focused our attention on the limits of this approach related to the geometrical properties of the TFA applied. We introduced a reassessment of the points to adjust the three-way solution according to the quality of representation of the points. This transformation only rescaled the factor scores producing a local adjustment of the point configuration. We then performed a trajectory analysis of the different waves. The results showed the effectiveness of our approach. Therefore, further study of the derivation of a synthetic measure of cluster routes seems appropriate. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2012
Volume (Year): 6 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
Web page: http://www.gfkl.org/en/
Web page: http://www.bunrui.jp/en/
Web page: http://dssm.unipa.it/cladag
Web page: http://www.classification-society.org/
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/statistics/statistical+theory+and+methods/journal/11634/PS2|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mihelis, G. & Grigoroudis, E. & Siskos, Y. & Politis, Y. & Malandrakis, Y., 2001. "Customer satisfaction measurement in the private bank sector," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(2), pages 347-360, April.
- Pierpaolo D’Urso, 2000. "Dissimilarity measures for time trajectories," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 9(1), pages 53-83, January.
- Henk Kiers, 1991. "Hierarchical relations among three-way methods," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 56(3), pages 449-470, September.
- Escofier, B. & Pages, J., 1994. "Multiple factor analysis (AFMULT package)," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 121-140, August.
- Rizzi, Alfredo & Vichi, Maurizio, 1995. "Representation, synthesis, variability and data preprocessing of a three-way data set," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 203-222, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:advdac:v:6:y:2012:i:4:p:323-336. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.