Image data analysis and classification in marketing
Nowadays, the diffusion of smartphones, tablet computers, and other multipurpose equipment with high-speed Internet access makes new data types available for data analysis and classification in marketing. So, e.g., it is now possible to collect images/snaps, music, or videos instead of ratings. With appropriate algorithms and software at hand, a marketing researcher could simply group or classify respondents according to the content of uploaded images/snaps, music, or videos. However, appropriate algorithms and software are sparsely known in marketing research up to now. The paper tries to close this gap. Algorithms and software from computer science are presented, adapted and applied to data analysis and classification in marketing. The new SPSS-like software package IMADAC is introduced. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2012
Volume (Year): 6 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com/statistics/statistical+theory+and+methods/journal/11634|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ahmed Albatineh & Magdalena Niewiadomska-Bugaj, 2011. "Correcting Jaccard and other similarity indices for chance agreement in cluster analysis," Advances in Data Analysis and Classification, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 179-200, October.
- Bearden, William O & Netemeyer, Richard G & Teel, Jesse E, 1989. " Measurement of Consumer Susceptibility to Interpersonal Influence," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(4), pages 473-81, March.
- Lawrence Hubert & Phipps Arabie, 1985. "Comparing partitions," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 193-218, December.
- Buckinx, Wouter & Van den Poel, Dirk, 2005.
"Customer base analysis: partial defection of behaviourally loyal clients in a non-contractual FMCG retail setting,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 164(1), pages 252-268, July.
- W. Buckinx & D. Van Den Poel, 2003. "Customer Base Analysis: Partial Defection of Behaviorally-Loyal Clients in a Non-Contractual FMCG Retail Setting," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 03/178, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:advdac:v:6:y:2012:i:4:p:253-276. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.