Image data analysis and classification in marketing
Nowadays, the diffusion of smartphones, tablet computers, and other multipurpose equipment with high-speed Internet access makes new data types available for data analysis and classification in marketing. So, e.g., it is now possible to collect images/snaps, music, or videos instead of ratings. With appropriate algorithms and software at hand, a marketing researcher could simply group or classify respondents according to the content of uploaded images/snaps, music, or videos. However, appropriate algorithms and software are sparsely known in marketing research up to now. The paper tries to close this gap. Algorithms and software from computer science are presented, adapted and applied to data analysis and classification in marketing. The new SPSS-like software package IMADAC is introduced. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2012
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 6 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
Web page: http://www.gfkl.org/en/
Web page: http://www.bunrui.jp/en/
Web page: http://dssm.unipa.it/cladag
Web page: http://www.classification-society.org/
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/statistics/statistical+theory+and+methods/journal/11634/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Buckinx, Wouter & Van den Poel, Dirk, 2005.
"Customer base analysis: partial defection of behaviourally loyal clients in a non-contractual FMCG retail setting,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 164(1), pages 252-268, July.
- W. Buckinx & D. Van Den Poel, 2003. "Customer Base Analysis: Partial Defection of Behaviorally-Loyal Clients in a Non-Contractual FMCG Retail Setting," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 03/178, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- N. Lesca, 2011. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00640604, HAL.
- Lawrence Hubert & Phipps Arabie, 1985. "Comparing partitions," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 2(1), pages 193-218, December.
- Ahmed Albatineh & Magdalena Niewiadomska-Bugaj, 2011. "Correcting Jaccard and other similarity indices for chance agreement in cluster analysis," Advances in Data Analysis and Classification, Springer;German Classification Society - Gesellschaft für Klassifikation (GfKl);Japanese Classification Society (JCS);Classification and Data Analysis Group of the Italian Statistical Society (CLADAG);International Federation of Classification Societies (IFCS), vol. 5(3), pages 179-200, October.
- C. Dominguez-Pery, 2011. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00740570, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:advdac:v:6:y:2012:i:4:p:253-276. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.