Investigation of External Audit’s Good Practices in the Context of Corporate Governance - Evidence from Romania
The main objective of this study is to develop an investigation based on an empirical survey over the auditors’ perceptions about the external audit good practices that should be applied or at least recommended in the context of corporate governance. This present study also aims to detect the current applicability of the proposed external audit practices tested through this survey. In order to achieve the proposed objectives, a statistical analysis was conducted based on data obtained from questionnaires submitted to a significant sample of Romanian auditors, all respondents having the quality of members of Chambers of Financial Auditors of Romania, which is the main professional body that has responsibilities in coordinating the audit activity in Romanian context. In spite of the lower response rate, the value of the paper is argued by the fact that the findings are relevant for both academics and practitioners, because it could represent a relevant starting point in developing an integrated framework of good audit practices, including external audit practices and offering, in the same time, potential suggestions for enhancing external audit practices in the corporate governance’s area, an area which has grown very fast in the last years, since the collapse of Enron in 2001 and the financial scandals of other companies from different countries, which strongly affect the investor confidence in the reliability of its investments.
Volume (Year): 2 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.scientificpapers.org|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Niamh M. Brennan, 2008.
"Corporate governance, accountability and mechanisms of accountability: an overview,"
Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 21(7), pages 885-906, September.
- Niamh Brennan & J. (Jill) Solomon, 2008. "Corporate governance, accountability and mechanisms of accountability : an overview," Open Access publications 10197/2906, Research Repository, University College Dublin.
- Ian Fraser, 2009. "The future of the external audit function," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(2), pages 104-113, January.
- Brenda A. Porter, 2009. "The audit trinity: the key to securing corporate accountability," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(2), pages 156-182, January.
- Prem Sikka, 2009. "The audit crunch: reforming auditing," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(2), pages 135-155, January.
- Paul M. Healy & Krishna G. Palepu, 2003. "The Fall of Enron," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(2), pages 3-26, Spring. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spp:jkmeit:1246. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrian Ghencea)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.