Interest Rates, Fisher Effect And Economic Development In Turkey, 1989-2011
This paper investigates the validity of the Fisher Hypothesis in Turkey covering the period 2003 – 2012. To test validity of Fisher Hypothesis, this paper uses an Autoregressive Distributed Lag test for threshold cointegration recently introduced in the literature by Li and Lee (2010). The empirical results which are obtained from this paper indicate that Fisher hypothesis is valid for Turkey, meaning nominal interest rates would be an important leading indicator for inflation.
Volume (Year): 25 (2016)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avda Xoan XXIII S/N, 15704 Santiago de Compostela|
Web page: http://www.usc.es/econo/RGE/benvidag.htm
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Atkins, Frank J. & Coe, Patrick J., 2002. "An ARDL bounds test of the long-run Fisher effect in the United States and Canada," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 255-266, June.
- Dimitris K. Christopoulos & Miguel A. Leãn-Ledesma, 2007. "A Long-Run Non-Linear Approach to the Fisher Effect," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 39(2-3), pages 543-559, March.
- Salah Nusair, 2008. "Testing for the Fisher hypothesis under regime shifts: an application to Asian countries," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(2), pages 273-284.
- Jing Li & Junsoo Lee, 2010.
"ADL tests for threshold cointegration,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(4), pages 241-254, July.
- Jing Li & Junsoo Lee, 2009. "ADL tests for threshold cointegration," SDSU Working Papers in Progress 22009, South Dakota State University, Department of Economics.
- Guochen Pan & Tsangyao Chang & D.P. Tang & Chia-Hao Lee, 2012. "Nonlinear adjustment to purchasing power parity in Latin American countries: the ADL test for threshold cointegration," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(9), pages 857-862, June.
- Peter Boswijk, H., 1994. "Testing for an unstable root in conditional and structural error correction models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 37-60, July.
- Siyue Liu & Tsangyao Chang & Chia-Hao Lee & Pei-I Chou, 2012. "Nonlinear adjustment to purchasing power parity: the ADL test for threshold cointegration," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(6), pages 569-573, April.
- Ekrem Gul & Sezgin Acikalin, 2008. "An examination of the Fisher Hypothesis: the case of Turkey," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(24), pages 3227-3231.
- Yang-Cheng Ralph Lu & Tsangyao Chang & Chia-Hao Lee, 2012. "Nonlinear adjustment to purchasing power parity in transition countries: the ADL test for threshold cointegration," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(7), pages 629-633, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sdo:regaec:v:25:y:2016:i:2_8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Iglesias Casal)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.