Social Security and Rural Poverty in Brazil
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Esther Duflo, 2003.
"Grandmothers and Granddaughters: Old-Age Pensions and Intrahousehold Allocation in South Africa,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 17(1), pages 1-25, June.
- Esther Duflo, 2000. "Grandmothers and Granddaughters: Old Age Pension and Intra-household Allocation in South Africa," NBER Working Papers 8061, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Blau & Donna B. Gilleskie, 2001.
"Retiree Health Insurance and the Labor Force Behavior of Older Men in the 1990s,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 83(1), pages 64-80, February.
- David M. Blau & Donna B. Gilleskie, 1997. "Retiree Health Insurance and the Labor Force Behavior of Older Men in the 1990s," NBER Working Papers 5948, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michel J. Vanderhart, 2003. "Labor Supply of Older Men: Does Social Security Matter?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 41(2), pages 250-263, April.
- Atkinson, A B, 1987. "On the Measurement of Poverty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 749-764, July.
- Hutchens, Robert, 1999. "Social Security Benefits and Employer Behavior: Evaluating Social Security Early Retirement Benefits as a Form of Unemployment Insurance," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(3), pages 659-678, August.
- Ponczek, Vladimir Pinheiro, 2010. "Income and bargaining effects on education and health," Textos para discussão 216, FGV EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Blau, David M, 1994. "Labor Force Dynamics of Older Men," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(1), pages 117-156, January.
- Thomas L. Hungerford, 1996. "The Distribution and Anti-Poverty Effectiveness of U.S. Transfers, 1992," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 31(1), pages 255-273.
- Krueger, Alan B & Pischke, Jorn-Steffen, 1992.
"The Effect of Social Security on Labor Supply: A Cohort Analysis of the Notch Generation,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 10(4), pages 412-437, October.
- Alan B. Krueger & Jorn-Steffen Pischke, 1989. "The Effect of Social Security on Labor Supply: A Cohort Analysis of the Notch Generation," Working Papers 635, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Alan B. Krueger & Jorn-Steffen Pischke, 1991. "The Effect of Social Security on Labor Supply: A Cohort Analysis of the Notch Generation," NBER Working Papers 3699, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, Chulhee, 1998. "The Rise of the Welfare State and Labor-Force Participation of Older Males: Evidence from the Pre-Social Security Era," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 222-226, May.
- Stephen E. Snyder & William N. Evans, 2006. "The Effect of Income on Mortality: Evidence from the Social Security Notch," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 88(3), pages 482-495, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sbe:breart:v:29:y:2009:i:2:a:3442. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Núcleo de Computação da FGV EPGE). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sbeeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.