Innovative Clusters: The Case Of Romania
The objective of this paper is to argue the importance of innovative clusters for the regional development having as example Romania. Many empirical studies emphasize a positive relationship between the cluster-like organization and the development extent at local or national level. The current article comprises a synthesis of these studies. On these grounds the formal clusters from Romania are analyzed in terms of their capacity to catalyze the regional development. The main conclusion of the work is that the Romanian economy does not have the experience of cooperation within a micro-economic network. The innovative clusters are very young and they have not demonstrated their growth potential.
Volume (Year): 3 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://ccasp.ase.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Julie Hermans & Annick Castiaux & Marcus Dejardin & Stéphane Lucas, 2012. "Configuration in the flesh: challenges in publicly promoted clusters," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 37(5), pages 609-630, October.
- Majocchi Antonio, 2000. "Are industrial clusters going international? The case of Italian SMEs in Romania," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf0008, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Keijiro Otsuka, 2006. "Cluster-Based Industrial Development: A View From East Asia," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 57(3), pages 361-376.
- Karl Wennberg & Göran Lindqvist, 2010. "The effect of clusters on the survival and performance of new firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 221-241, April.
- Andrea Morone & Piergiuseppe Morone, 2007. "Guessing Games and People Behaviours: What Can we Learn?," series 0015, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Metodi Matematici - Università di Bari, revised Feb 2007.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rom:mrpase:v:3:y:2011:i:3:p:1-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Colesca Sofia)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Colesca Sofia to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.