Influence Of Fdi On Tourism In Croatia
Tourism is one of the most rapidly growing industries in the world. Many developing countries consider it as possibility for raising export earnings. Most important role in the internationalization of production has foreign direct investment. This paper investigates the contribution of FDI (Foreign direct investment) on economic growth, how does it reflect on tourism in Croatia. FDI are important for development of technology, unfortunately most foreign investment went to infrastructure, in terms of high unemployment and stagnating exports priority should be investment in the industrial structure since they have the greatest multiplier effect overall economic growth. Croatian export structure is obsolete. The share of technologically advanced products is small.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eduardo Borensztein & Jose De Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 1995.
"How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth?,"
NBER Working Papers
5057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Borensztein, E. & De Gregorio, J. & Lee, J-W., 1998. "How does foreign direct investment affect economic growth?1," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 115-135, June.
- Titus O. Awokuse & Keith E. Maskus & Yiting An, 2010.
"Knowledge-Capital, International Trade and Foreign Direct Investment: A Sectoral Analysis,"
10-11, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Titus O. Awokuse & Keith E. Maskus & Yiting An, 2012. "Knowledge Capital, International Trade, And Foreign Direct Investment: A Sectoral Analysis," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 50(3), pages 707-723, 07.
- Azman-Saini, W.N.W. & Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Law, Siong Hook, 2010. "Foreign direct investment, economic freedom and economic growth: International evidence," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1079-1089, September.
- Gao, Ting, 2005. "Foreign direct investment and growth under economic integration," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 157-174, September.
- Leonard K. Cheng & Zihui Ma, 2010. "China's Outward Foreign Direct Investment," NBER Chapters, in: China's Growing Role in World Trade, pages 545-578 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:utmsje:0023. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zoran Ivanovic)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.