Estimation of skill of Russian mutual fund managers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael C. Jensen, 1968. "The Performance Of Mutual Funds In The Period 1945–1964," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(2), pages 389-416, May.
- Marcin Kacperczyk & Stijn Van Nieuwerburgh & Laura Veldkamp, 2014.
"Time-Varying Fund Manager Skill,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 69(4), pages 1455-1484, August.
- Marcin Kacperczyk & Stijn Van Nieuwerburgh & Laura Veldkamp, 2011. "Time-Varying Fund Manager Skill," NBER Working Papers 17615, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kacperczyk, Marcin & van Nieuwerburgh, Stijn & Veldkamp, Laura, 2012. "Time-Varying Fund Manager Skill," CEPR Discussion Papers 9025, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Laura Veldkamp, 2012. "Time-varying fund manager skill," 2012 Meeting Papers 68, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- L. M. Doncel & P. Grau & J. Otamendi & J. Sainz, 2011. "The truth about mutual funds across Europe," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(7), pages 687-692.
- Laurent Barras & Olivier Scaillet & Russ Wermers, 2010.
"False Discoveries in Mutual Fund Performance: Measuring Luck in Estimated Alphas,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 65(1), pages 179-216, February.
- Laurent BARRAS & Olivier SCAILLET & Russ WERMERS, 2005. "False Discoveries in Mutual Fund Performance: Measuring Luck in Estimated Alphas," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 08-18, Swiss Finance Institute, revised Sep 2008.
- Laurent BARRAS & Olivier SCAILLET & Russ WERMERS, 2005. "False Discoveries in Mutual Fund Performance: Measuring Luck in Estimated Alphas," FAME Research Paper Series rp163, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Barras, Laurent & Scaillet, Olivier & Wermers, Russ, 2009. "False discoveries in mutual fund performance: Measuring luck in estimated alphas," CFR Working Papers 06-02, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Olivier Scaillet & Laurent Barras & Russell R. Wermers, 2005. "False Discoveries in Mutual Fund Performance: Measuring Luck in Estimated Alphas," Working Papers CEB 05-014.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Nuttall, John, 2007. "Flaw in the fund skill/luck test method of Cuthbertson et al," MPRA Paper 1584, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Robert Kosowski & Allan Timmermann & Russ Wermers & Hal White, 2006.
"Can Mutual Fund "Stars" Really Pick Stocks? New Evidence from a Bootstrap Analysis,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 61(6), pages 2551-2595, December.
- Kosowski, Robert & Timmermann, Allan & Wermers, Russ & White, Hal, 2005. "Can mutual fund stars really pick stocks? New evidence from a bootstrap analysis," CFR Working Papers 05-14, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Cuthbertson, Keith & Nitzsche, Dirk & O'Sullivan, Niall, 2008. "UK mutual fund performance: Skill or luck?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 613-634, September.
- Kosowski, Robert & Naik, Narayan Y. & Teo, Melvyn, 2007. "Do hedge funds deliver alpha? A Bayesian and bootstrap analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 229-264, April.
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. " On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Stanislav Anatolyev, 2007. "The basics of bootstrapping (in Russian)," Quantile, Quantile, issue 3, pages 1-12, September.
- Nicolas P. B. Bollen, 2005. "Short-Term Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(2), pages 569-597.
- Kliger, Doron & Levy, Ori & Sonsino, Doron, 2003. "On absolute and relative performance and the demand for mutual funds--experimental evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 341-363, November.
- Eugene F. Fama & Kenneth R. French, 2010. "Luck versus Skill in the Cross-Section of Mutual Fund Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 65(5), pages 1915-1947, October.
- Chen, Yong & Liang, Bing, 2007. "Do Market Timing Hedge Funds Time the Market?," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(04), pages 827-856, December.
- Ayadi, Mohamed A. & Kryzanowski, Lawrence, 2011. "Fixed-income fund performance: Role of luck and ability in tail membership," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 379-392, June.
More about this item
Keywordspicking; skill; mutual fund;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:apltrx:0257. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anatoly Peresetsky). General contact details of provider: http://appliedeconometrics.cemi.rssi.ru/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.