Primes de risque et soins de santé
In this work, the notion of risk premium is applied to a situation for which the individual is confronted with a risk of illness. This health risk can breed a risk of wealth via the recourse to health care. Following the nature of health care undertaken, different premiums are defined which verify the usual properties of the Arrow-Pratt risk premiums. Finally, the comparison of these premiums informs us of the individual preferences in terms of health care. Dans ce travail, nous appliquons la notion de prime de risque à une situation pour laquelle l’individu est confronté à un risque de maladie qui peut engendrer un risque de richesse via le recours aux soins de santé. Suivant la nature des soins entrepris, différentes primes sont définies qui vérifient pour la plupart les propriétés usuelles des primes à la Arrow-Pratt. Enfin, la comparaison de ces primes nous renseigne sur les préférences individuelles en matière de soins de santé.
Volume (Year): 75 (1999)
Issue (Month): 4 (décembre)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.scse.ca/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kihlstrom, Richard E. & Mirman, Leonard J., 1974. "Risk aversion with many commodities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 361-388, July.
- repec:fth:geneec:98.01 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ehrlich, Isaac & Becker, Gary S, 1972. "Market Insurance, Self-Insurance, and Self-Protection," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(4), pages 623-648, July-Aug..
- Dreze, Jacques H. & Modigliani, Franco, 1972.
"Consumption decisions under uncertainty,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 308-335, December.
- DREZE, Jacques H. & MODIGLIANI, Franco, "undated". "Cosumption decisions under uncertainty," CORE Discussion Papers RP 119, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Duncan, George T, 1977. "A Matrix Measure of Multivariate Local Risk Aversion," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(4), pages 895-903, May.
- Briys, E. & Eeckhoudt, L. & Louberge, H., 1985. "Endogenous Risks and the Risk Premium," Cahiers de recherche 8530, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Kihlstrom, Richard E & Romer, David & Williams, Steve, 1981. "Risk Aversion with Random Initial Wealth," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 911-920, June.
- Fanny Demers & Michel Demers, 1991. "Multivariate Risk Aversion and Uninsurable Risks: Theory and Applications," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 16(1), pages 7-43, June.
- Fanny Demers & Michel Demers, 1991. "Multivariate Risk Aversion and Uninsurable Risks: Theory and Applications," Carleton Economic Papers 91-04, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised Jun 1991.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:actuec:v:75:y:1999:i:4:p:665-672. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruce Shearer)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.