Modèle d’estimation de l’élasticité de substitution et du progrès technologique
We derive in the present study a set of equations that yield, through regression analysis, estimates of the elasticity of substitution and of the indexes of technical change attributed to Hicks, Harrod and Solow. On the basis of data drawn from the U.S. non-farm economy, we obtain estimates that are consistent with other findings namely a value for the elasticity of substitution (between labour and capital) that is less than unity and indexes which imply that technology has tended to be Hicks labour-saving, Harrod capital-saving and Solow labour-saving.
Volume (Year): 57 (1981)
Issue (Month): 2 (avril-juin)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.scse.ca/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Beckmann, Martin J & Sato, Ryuzo, 1969. "Aggregate Production Functions and Types of Technical Progress: A Statistical Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 88-101, March.
- R. Sato & M. J. Beckmann, 1968. "Neutral Inventions and Production Functions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(1), pages 1-2.
- Sato, Ryuzo, 1970. "The Estimation of Biased Technical Progress and the Production Function," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 11(2), pages 179-208, June.
- Zind, Richard G, 1979. "A Note on the Measurement of Technical Bias in the U.S. Economy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(2), pages 301-304, May.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Khaled, Mohammed S, 1979. "Parametric Productivity Measurement and Choice among Flexible Functional Forms," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1220-1245, December.
- Takayama, Akira, 1974. "On Biased Technological Progress," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(4), pages 631-639, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:actuec:v:57:y:1981:i:2:p:148-159. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruce Shearer)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.