Business Clusters a Solution for Economic Development of Companies and Regions
The paper addresses the issue of business clusters and their skills to improve the economic development of companies and regions. The main factors that influence the identification, promotion and support the development of business clusters are considerate. A set of statistical methods used to identify the economic concentration and specialised geographical areas, with significant concentration of economic activities are reviewed and applied for Romania. The results gained in this way are the first step in the process of identification of cluster type agglomeration, able to generated economic benefits for companies and their regions. The methods are integrated into a Geographic Information System, which allows the usage of spatial characteristics to represent and display the achieved results, on the map.
Volume (Year): 15 (2012)
Issue (Month): 44 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 6 ROMANA PLACE, 70167 - BUCHAREST|
Web page: http://www.rei.ase.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guy Dumais & Glenn Ellison & Edward L. Glaeser, 2002.
"Geographic Concentration As A Dynamic Process,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 193-204, May.
- Guy Dumais & Glenn Ellison & Edward Glaeser, 1997. "Geographic Concentration as a Dynamic Process," NBER Working Papers 6270, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guy Dumais & Glenn Ellison & Edward L Glaeser, 1998. "Geographic Concentration as a Dynamic Process," Working Papers 98-3, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Pontus Braunerhjelm & Dan Johansson, 2003. "The Determinants of Spatial Concentration: The Manufacturing and Service Sectors in an International Perspective," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 41-63.
- Brülhart, Marius, 1996. "Regional Integration, Scale Economies and Industry Location in the European Union," CEPR Discussion Papers 1435, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rej:journl:v:15:y:2012:i:44:p:101-124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Radu Lupu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.