Business Clusters a Solution for Economic Development of Companies and Regions
The paper addresses the issue of business clusters and their skills to improve the economic development of companies and regions. The main factors that influence the identification, promotion and support the development of business clusters are considerate. A set of statistical methods used to identify the economic concentration and specialised geographical areas, with significant concentration of economic activities are reviewed and applied for Romania. The results gained in this way are the first step in the process of identification of cluster type agglomeration, able to generated economic benefits for companies and their regions. The methods are integrated into a Geographic Information System, which allows the usage of spatial characteristics to represent and display the achieved results, on the map.
Volume (Year): 15 (2012)
Issue (Month): 44 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 6 ROMANA PLACE, 70167 - BUCHAREST|
Web page: http://www.rei.ase.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guy Dumais & Glenn Ellison & Edward L. Glaeser, 2002.
"Geographic Concentration As A Dynamic Process,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 193-204, May.
- Guy Dumais & Glenn Ellison & Edward L Glaeser, 1998. "Geographic Concentration as a Dynamic Process," Working Papers 98-3, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Guy Dumais & Glenn Ellison & Edward Glaeser, 1997. "Geographic Concentration as a Dynamic Process," NBER Working Papers 6270, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pontus Braunerhjelm & Dan Johansson, 2003. "The Determinants of Spatial Concentration: The Manufacturing and Service Sectors in an International Perspective," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 41-63.
- Brülhart, Marius, 1996. "Regional Integration, Scale Economies and Industry Location in the European Union," CEPR Discussion Papers 1435, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rej:journl:v:15:y:2012:i:44:p:101-124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Radu Lupu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.