Firm Heterogeneity, Capacity Utilization and the Business Cycle
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hall, Robert E, 1988.
"The Relation between Price and Marginal Cost in U.S. Industry,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(5), pages 921-947, October.
- Robert E. Hall, 1986. "The Relation Between Price and Marginal Cost in U.S. Industry," NBER Working Papers 1785, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bils, Mark & Cho, Jang-Ok, 1994.
"Cyclical factor utilization,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 319-354, April.
- Mark Bils & Jang-Ok Cho, 1993. "Cyclical factor utilization," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 79, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Burnside, Craig & Eichenbaum, Martin, 1996.
"Factor-Hoarding and the Propagation of Business-Cycle Shocks,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1154-1174, December.
- Craig Burnside & Martin Eichenbaum, 1994. "Factor Hoarding and the Propagation of Business Cycles Shocks," NBER Working Papers 4675, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andreas Hornstein & Edward C. Prescott, 1989. "The firm and the plant in general equilibrium theory," Staff Report 126, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Cooley, Thomas F & Hansen, Gary D & Prescott, Edward C, 1995.
"Equilibrium Business Cycles with Idle Resources and Variable Capacity Utilization,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 6(1), pages 35-49, June.
- Thomas F. Cooley & Gary D. Hansen & Edward C. Prescott, 1994. "Equilibrium business cycles with idle resources and variable capacity utilization," Working Papers 94-22, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Burnside, Craig & Eichenbaum, Martin & Rebelo, Sergio, 1993. "Labor Hoarding and the Business Cycle," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(2), pages 245-273, April.
- Greenwood, Jeremy & Hercowitz, Zvi & Huffman, Gregory W, 1988. "Investment, Capacity Utilization, and the Real Business Cycle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(3), pages 402-417, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martial Dupaigne, 2007. "Les variations choisies de l'utilisation du capital : une revue des implications macroéconomiques," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 117(2), pages 161-196.
- RADIM BOHÁČEK & HUGO RODRÍGUEZ MENDIZÁBAL, 2007.
"Credit Markets and the Propagation of Monetary Policy Shocks,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 39(6), pages 1429-1455, September.
- Radim Bohacek & Hugo Rodriguez Mendizabal, 2003. "Credit Markets and the Propagation of Monetary Policy Shocks," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 599.04, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Radim Bohacek & Hugo Rodriguez Mendizabal, 2004. "Credit markets and the propagation of monetary policy shocks," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp244, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Sarah Lein & Eva Koeberl, 2009.
"Capacity utilisation, constraints and price adjustments under the microscope,"
KOF Working papers
09-239, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Sarah Marit Lein & Eva Köberl, 2009. "Capacity Utilisation, Constraintes and Price Adjustments under the Microscope," Working Papers 2009-06, Swiss National Bank.
- Pierre Lafourcade, 2003. "Asset prices and rents in a GE model with imperfect competition," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2003-60, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Martial Dupaigne, 2000. "Capital Utilization and the Willingness to Rest: A General Equilibrium Analysis," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0391, Econometric Society.
- Alvarez-Lois, Pedro P., 2004. "Capacity constraints, idiosyncratic demand uncertainty and the dynamics of inflation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 15-21, April.
- Dachs, Bernhard & Hud, Martin & Koehler, Christian & Peters, Bettina, 2016.
"Employment effects of innovations over the business cycle: Firm-level evidence from European countries,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
16-076, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Bernhard Dachs & Martin Hud & Christian Köhler & Bettina Peters, 2016. "Employment Effects of Innovations over the Business Cycle: Firm-Level Evidence from European Countries," CREA Discussion Paper Series 16-20, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Bernhard Dachs & Martin Hud & Christian Koehler & Bettina Peters, 2017. "Employment Effects of Innovations over the Business Cycle: Firm-Level Evidence from European Countries," SPRU Working Paper Series 2017-03, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Peters, Bettina & Hud, Martin & Dachs, Bernhard & Köhler, Christian, 2017. "Employment Effects of Innovations over the Business Cycle: Firm-Level Evidence from European Countries," Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168211, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Dirk Bezemer & Uwe Dulleck & Paul Frijters, 2003.
"Contacts, Social Capital and Market Institutions - A Theory of Development,"
Vienna Economics Papers
0311, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Paul Frijters & Dirk Bezemer & Uwe Dulleck, 2005. "Contacts, Social Capital and Market Institutions - A Theory of Development," Paul Frijters Discussion Papers 2005-1, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Gary D. Hansen & Edward C. Prescott, 2005. "Capacity constraints, asymmetries, and the business cycle," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 8(4), pages 850-865, October.
- Pedro Pablo Alvarez Lois, 2000. "Endogenous capacity utilization and the asymmetric effects of monetary policy," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 469.00, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Masanao Aoki, 2003. "A Simple Quantity Adjustment Model of Economic Fluctuations and Growth," UCLA Economics Online Papers 232, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Judzik, Dario & Sala, Hector, 2015.
"The determinants of capital intensity in Japan and the US,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 78-98.
- Dario Simon Judzik & Hector Sala Lorda, 2014. "The determinants of capital intensity in Japan and the U.S," Working Papers wpdea1404, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Raimundo Soto & Rosalía Vásquez, 2011. "The Efficiency Cost of the Kafala in Dubai: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Documentos de Trabajo 399, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Pedro Pablo Álvarez Lois, 2003. "Capacity utilization and Monetary Policy," Working Papers 0306, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Alvarez-Lois, Pedro P., 2006. "Endogenous capacity utilization and macroeconomic persistence," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(8), pages 2213-2237, November.
- Pedro P. Alvarez-Lois, 2005. "Production Inflexibilities and the Cost Channel of Monetary Policy," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 43(1), pages 170-193, January.
More about this item
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:issued:v:2:y:1999:i:2:p:433-455. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sedddea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.