Human Development in the Italian Provinces
Holding that development cannot be measured solely in terms of per capita Gdp, we deemed it necessary to consider certain aspects of a social-economic nature. In particular, in the context of the Italian provinces we considered introducing some modifications to the United Nations Hdi, and thus proposed a new Provincial Index of Human Development, PrHdi (Isupr = Indice di sviluppo umano provinciale). This index is designed to take account of both the strictly economic aspects and the geographical peculiarities of the area examined. The PrHdi classification of the Italian provinces is compared with the per capita Gdpbased version, thus highlighting considerable pitfalls in measurement of development through per capita Gdp alone.
Volume (Year): (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Silvio d'Amico 77, - 00145 Rome Italy|
Phone: +39 06 57114743
Fax: +39 06 57114774
Web page: http://host.uniroma3.it/associazioni/rossidoria/qa.asp
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cellini Roberto & Scorcu Antonello E., 1997.
"Istituzioni, stabilità e crescita nelle regioni italiane,"
Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 459-484.
- R. Cellini & A. E. Scorcu, 1996. "Istituzioni, Stabilità e Crescita nelle Regioni Italiane," Working Papers 251, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Salvatore Monni, 2002. "L'Indice di sviluppo umano regionale. Un'applicazione all'Unione Europea," ARGOMENTI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2002(5).
- R. Cellini & A. Scorcu, 1995. "How many Italies?," Working Papers 215, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Salvatore Monni, 1999. "A convergence analysis of human development," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0011, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- A. Di Liberto & J. Symons, 1998. "Human capital stocks and the development of Italian regions. A panel approach," Working Paper CRENoS 199804, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rar:journl:0155. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.