Public Expenditure and Human Development in the Italian Regions
This study aims to analyze the relationship between public expenditure and human development in Italy’s administrative Regions. The main results show a geography of regional human development which is different from the one based on Gdp per capita. Convergence of wealth across the Regions appears for the period considered, although of a minor intensity. Regional human development seems to have close positive correlation with social security, the environment and human capital, while transfers in capital account for productive activities seem to have a negative impact.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +39 06 57114743
Fax: +39 06 57114774
Web page: http://host.uniroma3.it/associazioni/rossidoria/qa.asp
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Capriati M., 2007. "Regional development and genuine social rights: an empirical validation," Rivista economica del Mezzogiorno, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 149-178.
- Charles Tilly, 2007. "Unequal Access to Scientific Knowledge," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 245-258.
- M. Fleurbaey., 2012.
"Beyond GDP: The Quest for a Measure of Social Welfare,"
N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 3.
- M. Fleurbaey., 2012. "Beyond GDP: The Quest for a Measure of Social Welfare," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 2.
- Marc Fleurbaey, 2009. "Beyond GDP: The Quest for a Measure of Social Welfare," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1029-75, December.
- Jay Drydyk, 2005. "When is Development More Democratic?," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(2), pages 247-267.
- Farasat A. S. Bokhari & Yunwei Gai & Pablo Gottret, 2007.
"Government health expenditures and health outcomes,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 257-273.
- Farasat A.S. Bokhari & Yunwei Gai & Pablo Gottret, 2005. "Government Health Expenditures and Health Outcomes," Working Papers wp2005_02_01, Department of Economics, Florida State University, revised May 2006.
- Salvatore Monni, 2002. "L'Indice di sviluppo umano regionale. Un'applicazione all'Unione Europea," ARGOMENTI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2002(5).
- Sylwester, Kevin, 2000. "Income inequality, education expenditures, and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 379-398, December.
- Pierre-Yves Crémieux & Pierre Ouellette & Caroline Pilon, 1999. "Health care spending as determinants of health outcomes," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(7), pages 627-639.
- David Bloom & David Canning, 2003. "The Health and Poverty of Nations: From theory to practice," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 47-71.
- Ranis, G. & Ramirez, A. & Stewart, F., 1997.
"Economic Growth and Human Development,"
787, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Emanuele Felice, 2007. "I divari regionali in Italia sulla base degli indicatori sociali (1871-2001)," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 97(2), pages 359-406, March-Apr.
- Paul Streeten, 2002. "Reflections on Social and Antisocial Capital," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 7-22.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rar:journl:0212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.