Vliv efektivních daňových sazeb a jejich komponent na přímé zahraniční investice - případ členských zemí EU
[Impact of Effective Tax Rates and Its Components on Foreign Direct Investment - The Case of the EU Member Countries]
The empirical literature generally accepts the influence of corporate taxes on the investment decision of the multinationalities. The most papers usually consider more aspect of that tax then only statutory corporate tax rate. Using annual time series data for the period 1998-2011 this paper examines the influence of EMTR and EATR including their components on the foreign direct investments in the EU Member states. The main aim of the paper is to evaluate which of the selected types of effective tax rates explains the investment decisions of the multinationalities the best. The results show that the commonly used indicators of effective tax burden are not the best option for foreign direct investment (FDI) explanation in the investigated model. Perhaps the best indicator for evaluating dependencies between explanatory variables and FDI are the average and marginal effective tax rate from industrial buildings.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 2013 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: nam. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3|
Phone: (02) 24 09 51 11
Fax: (02) 24 22 06 57
Web page: http://www.vse.cz/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Redakce Politické ekonomie, Vysoká škola ekonomická, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3|
Web: http://www.vse.cz/polek/ Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Lionel Fontagné & Amina Lahrèche-Révil, 2005.
"How Does FDI React to Corporate Taxation?,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer, vol. 12(5), pages 583-603, September.
- Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Lionel Fontagné & Amina Lahreche-Révil, 2005. "How Does FDI React to Corporate Taxation?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00270515, HAL.
- repec:prg:jnlpep:v:2008:y:2008:i:4:id:337:p:356-369 is not listed on IDEAS
- Assaf Razin & Joel B. Slemrod, 1990. "Introduction to "Taxation in the Global Economy"," NBER Chapters, in: Taxation in the Global Economy, pages 1-8 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Egger & Simon Loretz & Michael Pfaffermayr & Hannes Winner, 2009.
"Bilateral effective tax rates and foreign direct investment,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer, vol. 16(6), pages 822-849, December.
- Peter Egger & Simon Loretz & Michael Pfaffermayr & Hannes Winner, 2008. "Bilateral Effective Tax Rates and Foreign Direct Investment," Working Papers 0802, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- repec:prg:jnlpep:v:2009:y:2009:i:2:id:346:p:131-155 is not listed on IDEAS
- Assaf Razin & Joel Slemrod, 1990. "Taxation in the Global Economy," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number razi90-1.
- Asano, Takao, 2010. "Optimal tax policy and foreign direct investment under ambiguity," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 185-200, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prg:jnlpol:v:2013:y:2013:i:2:id:895:p:209-228. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Frantisek Sokolovsky)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.