Vliv efektivních daňových sazeb a jejich komponent na přímé zahraniční investice - případ členských zemí EU
[Impact of Effective Tax Rates and Its Components on Foreign Direct Investment - The Case of the EU Member Countries]
The empirical literature generally accepts the influence of corporate taxes on the investment decision of the multinationalities. The most papers usually consider more aspect of that tax then only statutory corporate tax rate. Using annual time series data for the period 1998-2011 this paper examines the influence of EMTR and EATR including their components on the foreign direct investments in the EU Member states. The main aim of the paper is to evaluate which of the selected types of effective tax rates explains the investment decisions of the multinationalities the best. The results show that the commonly used indicators of effective tax burden are not the best option for foreign direct investment (FDI) explanation in the investigated model. Perhaps the best indicator for evaluating dependencies between explanatory variables and FDI are the average and marginal effective tax rate from industrial buildings.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 2013 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: nam. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3|
Phone: (02) 24 09 51 11
Fax: (02) 24 22 06 57
Web page: http://www.vse.cz/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Redakce Politické ekonomie, Vysoká škola ekonomická, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3|
Web: http://www.vse.cz/polek/ Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guntram Wolff, 2007.
"Foreign Direct Investment in the Enlarged EU: Do Taxes Matter and to What Extent?,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 327-346, July.
- Wolff, Guntram B., 2006. "Foreign direct investment in the enlarged EU: do taxes matter and to what extent?," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2006,13, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Peter Egger & Simon Loretz & Michael Pfaffermayr & Hannes Winner, 2009.
"Bilateral effective tax rates and foreign direct investment,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 16(6), pages 822-849, December.
- Peter Egger & Simon Loretz & Michael Pfaffermayr & Hannes Winner, 2008. "Bilateral Effective Tax Rates and Foreign Direct Investment," Working Papers 0802, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Asano, Takao, 2010. "Optimal tax policy and foreign direct investment under ambiguity," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 185-200, March.
- Assaf Razin & Joel Slemrod, 1990. "Taxation in the Global Economy," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number razi90-1, Enero.
- Tomáš Havránek, 2009.
"The supply of foreign direct investment incentives: subsidy competition in an oligopolistic framework,"
Prague Economic Papers,
University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2009(2), pages 131-155.
- Havranek, Tomas, 2008. "The Supply of Foreign Direct Investment Incentives: Subsidy Competition in an Oligopolistic Framework," MPRA Paper 10770, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Lionel Fontagné & Amina Lahrèche-Révil, 2005.
"How Does FDI React to Corporate Taxation?,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 12(5), pages 583-603, September.
- Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Lionel Fontagné & Amina Lahreche-Révil, 2005. "How Does FDI React to Corporate Taxation?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00270515, HAL.
- Assaf Razin & Joel B. Slemrod, 1990. "Introduction to "Taxation in the Global Economy"," NBER Chapters, in: Taxation in the Global Economy, pages 1-8 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Erdal Demirhan & Mahmut Masca, 2008. "Determinants of foreign direct investment flows to developing countries: a cross-sectional analysis," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2008(4), pages 356-369.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prg:jnlpol:v:2013:y:2013:i:2:id:895:p:209-228. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Frantisek Sokolovsky)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.