A Valuation Model for Project Standby Capacity
This paper addresses the issue of project standby capacity optimization for capital budgeting. A detailed analysis and case study show that this is a particular real-option based situation, which solicits the use of statistical simulation. The method can be recommended as a useful heuristic for corporate capital budgeting, as well as for college-level class instruction.
Volume (Year): 2009 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (02) 24 09 51 11
Fax: (02) 24 22 06 57
Web page: http://www.vse.cz/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Redakce Ekonomika a management, Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3|
Web: http://www.vse.cz/eam/ Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Myers, Stewart C., 1977. "Determinants of corporate borrowing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 147-175, November.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A. & Rubinstein, Mark, 1979. "Option pricing: A simplified approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 229-263, September.
- Terence C. Mills, 2006. "Introductory Econometrics: Using Monte Carlo Simulation with Microsoft Excel -super-�," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(6), pages 943-944, November.
- Wiegand, Ryan E., 2006. "Introductory Econometrics: Using Monte Carlo Simulation With Microsoft Excel. Humberto Barreto and Frank M. Howland," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 1730-1731, December.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- McDonald, Robert & Siegel, Daniel, 1986. "The Value of Waiting to Invest," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 101(4), pages 707-27, November.
- Boyle, Phelim P., 1977. "Options: A Monte Carlo approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 323-338, May.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521843195 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prg:jnleam:v:2009:y:2009:i:4:id:83. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vaclav Subrta)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.