Purchasing under threat: Changes in shopping patterns during the COVID-19 pandemic
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul T E Cusack, 2020. "Anxiety Disorders," Biomedical Journal of Scientific & Technical Research, Biomedical Research Network+, LLC, vol. 31(3), pages 24255-24260, October.
- Martin O'Connell & Áureo de Paula & Kate Smith, 2021.
"Preparing for a pandemic: spending dynamics and panic buying during the COVID‐19 first wave,"
Fiscal Studies, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 42(2), pages 249-264, June.
- De Paula, Áureo & O'Connell, Martin & Smith, Kate, 2020. "Preparing for a pandemic: Spending dynamics and panic buying during the COVID-19 first wave," CEPR Discussion Papers 15371, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Martin O'Connell & Áureo de Paula & Kate Smith, 2020. "Preparing for a pandemic: spending dynamics and panic buying during the COVID-19 first wave," IFS Working Papers W20/34, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Laato, Samuli & Islam, A.K.M. Najmul & Farooq, Ali & Dhir, Amandeep, 2020. "Unusual purchasing behavior during the early stages of the COVID-19 pandemic: The stimulus-organism-response approach," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 57(C).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Veronika Harantová & Alica Kalašová & Simona Skřivánek Kubíková & Jaroslav Mazanec & Radomíra Jordová, 2022. "The Impact of Mobility on Shopping Preferences during the COVID-19 Pandemic: The Evidence from the Slovak Republic," Mathematics, MDPI, vol. 10(9), pages 1-27, April.
- Park, Inyoung & Lee, Jieon & Lee, Daeho & Lee, Changjun & Chung, Won Young, 2022. "Changes in consumption patterns during the COVID-19 pandemic: Analyzing the revenge spending motivations of different emotional groups," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 65(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Zuokas, Danas & Gul, Evren & Lim, Alvin, 2022. "How did COVID-19 change what people buy: Evidence from a supermarket chain," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 68(C).
- Farooq, Ali & Laato, Samuli & Islam, A.K.M. Najmul & Isoaho, Jouni, 2021. "Understanding the impact of information sources on COVID-19 related preventive measures in Finland," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 65(C).
- John Gathergood & Fabian Gunzinger & Benedict Guttman-Kenney & Edika Quispe-Torreblanca & Neil Stewart, 2020. "Levelling Down and the COVID-19 Lockdowns: Uneven Regional Recovery in UK Consumer Spending," Papers 2012.09336, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2020.
- Constanta Urzeala & Veronica Popescu & Daniel Courteix & Georgeta Mitrache & Mihaela Roco & Silvia Teodorescu, 2021. "Barriers and Facilitators for the Romanian Older Adults in Enjoying Physical Activity Health-Related Benefits," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(22), pages 1-22, November.
- Bisin, Alberto & Moro, Andrea, 2022.
"Spatial‐SIR with network structure and behavior: Lockdown rules and the Lucas critique,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 198(C), pages 370-388.
- Alberto Bisin & Andrea Moro, 2021. "Spatial-SIR with Network Structure and Behavior: Lockdown Rules and the Lucas Critique," Papers 2103.13789, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2022.
- Alberto Bisin & Andrea Moro, 2021. "Spatial-SIR with Network Structure and Behavior: Lockdown Rules and the Lucas Critique," NBER Working Papers 28932, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peluso, Alessandro M. & Pichierri, Marco & Pino, Giovanni, 2021. "Age-related effects on environmentally sustainable purchases at the time of COVID-19: Evidence from Italy," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 60(C).
- HÃ©ctor Badellino & MarÃa Emilia Gobbo & Eduardo Torres & MarÃa Emilia Aschieri, 2021. "Early indicators and risk factors associated with mental health problems during COVID-19 quarantine: Is there a relationship with the number of confirmed cases and deaths?," International Journal of Social Psychiatry, , vol. 67(5), pages 567-575, August.
- Talwar, Manish & Talwar, Shalini & Kaur, Puneet & Tripathy, Naliniprava & Dhir, Amandeep, 2021. "Has financial attitude impacted the trading activity of retail investors during the COVID-19 pandemic?," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 58(C).
- Epting, Shane, 2021. "Vulnerable groups, virtual cities, and social isolation," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 67(C).
- Hsu, Sheila Hsuan-Yu & Tsou, Hung-Tai & Chen, Ja-Shen, 2021. "â€œYes, we do. Why not use augmented reality?â€ customer responses to experiential presentations of AR-based applications," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 62(C).
- Gianina Chirugu, 2022. "Analysis of the influence of the coronavirus pandemic on elderly people," Technium Social Sciences Journal, Technium Science, vol. 28(1), pages 658-667, February.
- Barili, E. & Bertoli, P. & Grembi, V. & Rattini, V., 2021.
"COVID Angels Fighting Daily Demons? Mental Health of Healthcare Workers and Religion,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
21/05, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Barili, Emilia & Bertoli, Paola & Grembi, Veronica & Rattini, Veronica, 2021. "COVID Angels Fighting Daily Demons? Mental Health of Healthcare Workers and Religion," CINCH Working Paper Series (since 2020) 74583, Duisburg-Essen University Library, DuEPublico.
- Byron D'Andra Orey & Najja Baptist & Valeria Sinclair‐Chapman, 2021. "Racial identity and emotional responses to confederate symbols," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 102(4), pages 1882-1893, July.
- Valentina N. Burkova & Marina L. Butovskaya & Ashley K. Randall & Julija N. Fedenok & Khodabakhsh Ahmadi & Ahmad M. Alghraibeh & Fathil Bakir Mutsher Allami & Fadime Suata Alpaslan & Mohammad Ahmad Ab, 2021. "Predictors of Anxiety in the COVID-19 Pandemic from a Global Perspective: Data from 23 Countries," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(7), pages 1-23, April.
- Liu, Hongfei & Liu, Wentong & Yoganathan, Vignesh & Osburg, Victoria-Sophie, 2021. "COVID-19 information overload and generation Z's social media discontinuance intention during the pandemic lockdown," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 166(C).
- Farrukh Ishaque Saah & Hubert Amu, 2020. "Sleep quality and its predictors among waiters in upscale restaurants: A descriptive study in the Accra Metropolis," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 15(10), pages 1-15, October.
- Rishav Koirala & Erik Ganesh Iyer Søegaard & Saroj Prasad Ojha & Edvard Hauff & Suraj B Thapa, 2020. "Trauma related psychiatric disorders and their correlates in a clinical sample: A cross-sectional study in trauma affected patients visiting a psychiatric clinic in Nepal," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 15(6), pages 1-16, June.
- Agrawal, Shiv Ratan & Mittal, Divya, 2022. "Optimizing customer engagement content strategy in retail and E-tail: Available on online product review videos," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 67(C).
- Roman Dorczak & Marzanna Farnicka & Inetta Nowosad, 2021. "Dilemmas in Managing the COVID-19 Crisis," Risks, MDPI, vol. 9(5), pages 1-14, April.
- Nanath, Krishnadas & Balasubramanian, Sreejith & Shukla, Vinaya & Islam, Nazrul & Kaitheri, Supriya, 2022. "Developing a mental health index using a machine learning approach: Assessing the impact of mobility and lockdown during the COVID-19 pandemic," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 178(C).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:plo:pone00:0253231. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: plosone (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.