Entrepreneurial Stock Brokering and Switching Costs
Stock brokers are entrepreneurs who incur switching costs when the change brokerage houses. We use Helsinki Stock Exchange data to investigate these costs by examining whether investors are loyal to their brokers when brokers move. We find that investors who have extant relationships with the new house are more likely to attract the investors from the old houses, and savvy (knowledgeable) investors are more likely to stay with their broker.
Volume (Year): 12 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (Spring)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://bschool.pepperdine.edu/jef
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- G. Geoffrey Booth & Ji-Chai Lin & Teppo Martikainen & Yiuman Tse, 2002. "Trading and Pricing in Upstairs and Downstairs Stock Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(4), pages 1111-1135.
- Zingales, Luigi, 2000.
"In Search of New Foundations,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2551, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Grossman, Sanford J, 1992.
"The Informational Role of Upstairs and Downstairs Trading,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 65(4), pages 509-28, October.
- Sanford J. Grossman, . "The Informational Role of Upstairs and Downstairs Trading," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 22-90, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Grossman, S.J., 1990. "The Information Role Of Upstairs And Downstairs Trading," Weiss Center Working Papers 22-90, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- Grinblatt, Mark & Keloharju, Matti, 2000. "The investment behavior and performance of various investor types: a study of Finland's unique data set," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 43-67, January.
- Frieder, Laura & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2005. "Brand Perceptions and the Market for Common Stock," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(01), pages 57-85, March.
- Klemperer, Paul, 1995. "Competition When Consumers Have Switching Costs: An Overview with Applications to Industrial Organization, Macroeconomics, and International Trade," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(4), pages 515-39, October.
- Mark Grinblatt, 2001. "How Distance, Language, and Culture Influence Stockholdings and Trades," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(3), pages 1053-1073, 06.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pep:journl:v:12:y:2007:i:1:p:1-8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Craig Everett)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.