Cross-border mergers and domestic-firm wages: Integrating “spillover effects” and “bargaining effects”
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Clougherty, Joseph A. & Gugler, Klaus Peter & Sørgard, Lars & Szücs, Florian, 2014. "Cross-border mergers and domestic-firm wages: Integrating ‘spillover effects’ and ‘bargaining effects’," CEPR Discussion Papers 9863, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ragnhild Balsvik, 2011. "Is Labor Mobility a Channel for Spillovers from Multinationals? Evidence from Norwegian Manufacturing," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 93(1), pages 285-297, February.
- Ann E. Harrison & Brian J. Aitken, 1999. "Do Domestic Firms Benefit from Direct Foreign Investment? Evidence from Venezuela," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 605-618, June.
- Martyn Andrews & Lutz Bellmann & Thorsten Schank & Richard Upward, 2009. "The takeover and selection effects of foreign-owned establishments: an analysis using linked employer–employee data," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 145(2), pages 293-317, July.
- Ashenfelter, Orley & Johnson, George E, 1972.
"Unionism, Relative Wages, and Labor Quality in U.S. Manufacturing Industries,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 13(3), pages 488-508, October.
- Orley Ashenfelter & George E. Johnson, 1971. "Unionism, Relative Wages, and Labor Quality in U.S. Manufacturing Industries," Working Papers 382, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Aitken, Brian & Harrison, Ann & Lipsey, Robert E., 1996.
"Wages and foreign ownership A comparative study of Mexico, Venezuela, and the United States,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(3-4), pages 345-371, May.
- Brian Aitken & Ann Harrison & Robert E. Lipsey, 1995. "Wages and Foreign Ownership: A Comparative Study of Mexico, Venezuela and the United States," NBER Working Papers 5102, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aitken, B. & Harrison, A. & Lipsey, R.E., 1995. "Wages and Foreign Ownership: A Comparative Study of Mexico, Venezuela, and the United States," Papers 95-21, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Conyon, Martin J, et al, 2002. "The Productivity and Wage Effects of Foreign Acquisition in the United Kingdom," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 85-102, March.
- Francesca Fabbri & Jonathan E. Haskel & Matthew J. Slaughter, 2003. "Does Nationality Of Ownership Matter For Labor Demands?," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(2-3), pages 698-707, 04/05.
- Peter J Buckley & Pervez N Ghauri, 2004. "Globalisation, economic geography and the strategy of multinational enterprises," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 35(3), pages 255-255, May.
- Minsik Choi, 2001. "Threat Effect of Foreign Direct Investment on Labor Union Wage Premium," Working Papers wp27, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Peter J Buckley & Pervez N Ghauri, 2004. "Globalisation, economic geography and the strategy of multinational enterprises," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 35(2), pages 81-98, March.
- Susan E Feinberg & Sumit K Majumdar, 2001. "Technology Spillovers from Foreign Direct Investment in the Indian Pharmaceutical Industry," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 32(3), pages 421-437, September.
- Lorraine Eden & Stefanie Lenway, 2001. "Introduction to the Symposium Multinationals: The Janus Face of Globalization*," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 32(3), pages 383-400, September.
- Mihir A. Desai & C. Fritz Foley & James R. Hines, 2009. "Domestic Effects of the Foreign Activities of US Multinationals," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 181-203, February.
- Eckel, Carsten & Egger, Hartmut, 2009. "Wage bargaining and multinational firms," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 206-214, April.
- Cantwell, John, 1995. "The Globalisation of Technology: What Remains of the Product Cycle Model?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 155-174, February.
- Sebastian Braun & Juliane Scheffel, 2007. "Does International Outsourcing Depress Union Wages?," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2007-033, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Peter J Buckley & Jeremy Clegg & Chengqi Wang, 2007. "Is the relationship between inward FDI and spillover effects linear? An empirical examination of the case of China," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 38(3), pages 447-459, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luc Renneboog & Peter G. Szilagyi & Cara Vansteenkiste, 2017.
"Creditor rights, claims enforcement, and bond performance in mergers and acquisitions,"
Journal of International Business Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 48(2), pages 174-194, February.
- Renneboog, Luc & Szilagyi, Peter & Vansteenkiste, Cara, 2017. "Creditor Rights, Claims Enforcement, and Bond Performance in Mergers and Acquisitions," Discussion Paper 2017-012, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- repec:eee:reveco:v:58:y:2018:i:c:p:330-339 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:corfin:v:50:y:2018:i:c:p:519-537 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:pal:jintbs:v:50:y:2019:i:6:d:10.1057_s41267-019-00248-2 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- F66 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - Labor
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- L21 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Business Objectives of the Firm
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:jintbs:v:45:y:2014:i:4:p:450-470. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Mallaigh Nolan). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.