The road to RegTech: the (astonishing) example of the European Union
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arner, Douglas W & Barberis, Janos & Buckley, Ross P, 2016. "The Emergence of RegTech 2.0: From Know Your Customer to Know Your Data," Journal of Financial Transformation, Capco Institute, vol. 44, pages 79-86.
- Hossein Nabilou & André Prüm, 2019. "Ignorance, Debt, and Cryptocurrencies: The Old and the New in the Law and Economics of Concurrent Currencies," Journal of Financial Regulation, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 29-63.
- Weber, Rolf H., 2017. "Regtech as a new legal challenge," Journal of Financial Transformation, Capco Institute, vol. 46, pages 10-17.
- Ringe, Wolf-Georg & Ruof, Christopher, 2018. "A Regulatory Sandbox for Robo Advice," ILE Working Paper Series 14, University of Hamburg, Institute of Law and Economics.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Anil Savio Kavuri & Alistair Milne, 2019. "FinTech and the future of financial services: What are the research gaps?," CAMA Working Papers 2019-18, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Michael Becker & Kevin Merz & Rüdiger Buchkremer, 2020. "RegTech—the application of modern information technology in regulatory affairs: areas of interest in research and practice," Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(4), pages 161-167, October.
- Alaassar, Ahmad & Mention, Anne-Laure & Aas, Tor Helge, 2021. "Exploring a new incubation model for FinTechs: Regulatory sandboxes," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 103(C).
- Vincent Schlatt & Johannes Sedlmeir & Simon Feulner & Nils Urbach, 2021. "Designing a Framework for Digital KYC Processes Built on Blockchain-Based Self-Sovereign Identity," Papers 2112.01237, arXiv.org.
- Johan Solms, 2021. "Integrating Regulatory Technology (RegTech) into the digital transformation of a bank Treasury," Journal of Banking Regulation, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 22(3), pages 191-207, September.
- Mariano Méndez-Suárez & Francisco García-Fernández & Fernando Gallardo, 2019. "Artificial Intelligence Modelling Framework for Financial Automated Advising in the Copper Market," JOItmC, MDPI, vol. 5(4), pages 1-13, October.
- Hossein Nabilou, 2020. "Testing the waters of the Rubicon: the European Central Bank and central bank digital currencies," Journal of Banking Regulation, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 21(4), pages 299-314, December.
- Johan Solms, 2021. "Integrating Regulatory Technology (RegTech) into the digital transformation of a bank Treasury," Journal of Banking Regulation, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 22(2), pages 152-168, June.
- Franklin Allen & Xian Gu & Julapa Jagtiani, 2021.
"A Survey of Fintech Research and Policy Discussion,"
Review of Corporate Finance, now publishers, vol. 1(3-4), pages 259-339, July.
- Franklin Allen & Julapa Jagtiani, 2020. "A Survey of Fintech Research and Policy Discussion," Working Papers 20-21, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Romi Kher & Siri Terjesen & Chen Liu, 2021. "Blockchain, Bitcoin, and ICOs: a review and research agenda," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 56(4), pages 1699-1720, April.
- Ringe, Wolf-Georg & Ruof, Christopher, 2019. "Keeping up with Innovation: Designing a European Sandbox for Fintech," ECMI Papers 14029, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Stefan Zeranski & Ibrahim E. Sancak, 2021. "Prudential supervisory disclosure (PSD) with supervisory technology (SupTech): lessons from a FinTech crisis," International Journal of Disclosure and Governance, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 18(4), pages 315-335, December.
- José Parra Moyano & Omri Ross, 2017. "KYC Optimization Using Distributed Ledger Technology," Business & Information Systems Engineering: The International Journal of WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK, Springer;Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. (GI), vol. 59(6), pages 411-423, December.
- Michael Becker & Rüdiger Buchkremer, 2018. "Ranking of current information technologies by risk and regulatory compliance officers at financial institutions – a German perspective," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 10(1), pages 007-026, June.
More about this item
KeywordsData protection; Digital identity; FinTech; European Union; Financial regulation; General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR); Open banking; Payment Services Directive 2 (PSD 2); RegTech;
All these keywords.
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- K22 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Business and Securities Law
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- M15 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - IT Management
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:jbkreg:v:21:y:2020:i:1:d:10.1057_s41261-019-00104-1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.